RkyMtnHigh

18 and 20 yr old Nephews Want to Skydive!

My Nephews want to jump like their Aunt Katee...this has been a few years that they've expressed interest in skydiving since they saw me jump at both Gold Coast and Emerald Coast a few years ago.

Only problem is that my brother is against them even doing a tandem. For their 18th birthdays, I gave them a card with a gift certificate for their first tandem. :D

It depends... If they are totally self-supporting, they can do whatever they want. If not, then the parents still have a say in what they do.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

It depends... If they are totally self-supporting, they can do whatever they want. If not, then the parents still have a say in what they do.

One is in college at LSU and on his own, but I'm paying for his first tandem...and the other is still living at my brother's place, but again, his first tandem is on me;)

One is in college at LSU and on his own, but I'm paying for his first tandem...and the other is still living at my brother's place, but again, his first tandem is on me;)

Well, I'd have to respect the Dad's wishes since he is footing the bill for their support. It doesn't matter if you paid for it or if they saved up their babysitting money. The sky will still be there when they are self supporting. How does their mother feel about it?
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Then I say... See you when you bring em!!!!! :)

I did actually tell them to come stay with us and come to SDA for their first tandem so Chris can do their video and stills and I can be on the jump with themB|

When I started the sport over 3 yrs ago, my brother and sisinlaw wanted to strangle me because I've shown the kids my videos and how much fun I've had...and now all of their 5 kids can't wait til they are old enough to do it too:o:D

My parents hate the fact that i jump, right from my first tandem. They know that it is my decision though, and they can't change what i feel about it. I started when i was 19, so as far as they were concerned, whilst they didn't like me doing it, it was my choice to make. As for the free tandems, i find that a perticually nice touch :P

Mom and Dad need to learn to let go a little. The boys are grown now and are old enough to look at consequences and make decisions on their own. In my opinion, this is actually more of a life lesson for the parents than for the kids.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Does your brother know at least alittle about the sport with you being in it? I find if people know how things works they are more comfortable with it. Maybe you should tell your bother '' o.k. sorry I left you out here's your tandem ticket too.'':ph34r:

Playtime is essential.

Does your brother know at least alittle about the sport with you being in it? I find if people know how things works they are more comfortable with it. Maybe you should tell your bother '' o.k. sorry I left you out here's your tandem ticket too.'':ph34r:

When I used to jump at Gold Coast and Emerald Coast, my brother used to come out to watch. He's also seen quite a few videos of the various disciplines. He has no interest to even do a tandem and thinks we're just a bunch of hooligans.:D

My Nephews want to jump like their Aunt Katee...this has been a few years that they've expressed interest in skydiving since they saw me jump at both Gold Coast and Emerald Coast a few years ago.

Only problem is that my brother is against them even doing a tandem. For their 18th birthdays, I gave them a card with a gift certificate for their first tandem. :D

oooo, I made my first 2 jumps (tandems) at emerald coast...:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Mom and Dad need to learn to let go a little. The boys are grown now and are old enough to look at consequences and make decisions on their own. In my opinion, this is actually more of a life lesson for the parents than for the kids.

My thoughts exactly.

I fail to see what the problem/confusion is. They are old enough to drive a car and that's WAAAAY more dangerous than skydiving... Especially for their age group. It's amazing how many people are completely incapable of assessing risk.:S
Gravity Waits for No One.

They are old enough to drive a car and that's WAAAAY more dangerous than skydiving... Especially for their age group. It's amazing how many people are completely incapable of assessing risk.

Ummmmmmmmm, yeap. That's true . . . ironically enough. :D

(Driving is NOT more dangerous than skydiving. ;))