wildcard451

Dilated Eye Exam

Anyone else hat ethte hell out of these things? Didn't know I was getitng one today. Wore my contacts instead of my out of date glasses......so I have to go wround in my contacts afterwards. Can anyone else say blind as hell?

Sorry, but the up close world is still a little blurry.

I bet I hate them worse than you do. In recent years, everytime I get my eyes dilated, I get a migraine headache. Complete with sound sensitivity and throwing up. Even if I wear my darkest sunglasses and don't use my eyes for anything. Last week I had my annual exam, and I wouldn't let him dilate me because it was my night for tunnel flying!! No way in hell I'm going to miss out on my tunnel night!:S

Got one of those today :S. Went in after work and the world was a bit blurry for a while.

Nothing like driving home with your vision all distorted, able to see distance and motion, but not able to read. It reminds me of drunk-vision, but otherwise being totally sober.

Damn, I still have a headache [:/]:(:S.

Today must have been skydiver day at the eye doc's or something... at one time I had 3 skydivers (not counting myself) in the office... 2 of them dilated.

Wow. The thought actually occurred to me that it might be fun to do a hop & pop while dilated. Since the drive home gave me one heck of a headache, I just took a nap.

My vision's always easily been 20/20, I found myself wondering if the visual distortion is what some people's normal vision is like. Those people must be in a world of hurt when they get dilated.

Literally. Dilation gives me a full blown migraine....can't take light, can't take noise, I have to curl up in a ball in the dark with a trash can near by to hurl into.

The good part of that is I don't notice my vision being screwy. [:/]

I just won't let my optometrist dilate my eyes anymore. Just ain't gonna happen unless I feel the need.

He'll just have to do his lookin' through my little peep hole...lol

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Aww, don't be such a pussy, Dr. B. So the world's a little fuzzy. Have fun with it...do like I do and go play some tennis. ;):P:)

Are you graduating this year???
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Huh, I had my eyes done today too. The doc said he'd never seen pupils get that big before. So big that he could see the flap from the lasik a year ago. Luckilly it was overcast today, still wore the shades anyway. I've never gotten a headache from it. That would suck.

May 27th!!! :)
I'm just being lazy for now. Oh, and check out this D-R-A-M-A...I matched into my first choice program up in Detroit for Ob/gyn. (Detroit wasn't my first choice city, but I liked the program so I gave a little) Anyway, I just got a call LAST WEEK to let me know that they sold the hospital and my contract is invalid. Yay. They are moving the residency to another hospital in the system, but they've lost their high risk OB and inner city population exposure. I have the option to not sign with the new changes and I'm taking it.

Right now I'm trying to scramble into a traditional rotating internship so I can just go through the match again next year. Kind of a bummer, but I'm hoping that it will all work out in the end. Plus it'll give me a little more time to toss around the idea of going into ER or Gen Surgery, but I'll probably end up in OB and hopefully in a stronger program that won't sell out from under me!

Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

May 27th!!! :)
I'm just being lazy for now. Oh, and check out this D-R-A-M-A...I matched into my first choice program up in Detroit for Ob/gyn. (Detroit wasn't my first choice city, but I liked the program so I gave a little) Anyway, I just got a call LAST WEEK to let me know that they sold the hospital and my contract is invalid. Yay. They are moving the residency to another hospital in the system, but they've lost their high risk OB and inner city population exposure. I have the option to not sign with the new changes and I'm taking it.

Right now I'm trying to scramble into a traditional rotating internship so I can just go through the match again next year. Kind of a bummer, but I'm hoping that it will all work out in the end. Plus it'll give me a little more time to toss around the idea of going into ER or Gen Surgery, but I'll probably end up in OB and hopefully in a stronger program that won't sell out from under me!

So sorry hun. That sucks. Best of LUCK! OB is a BLAST!

I just won't let my optometrist dilate my eyes anymore. Just ain't gonna happen unless I feel the need.

Why? I don't know what drops have been used on you in the past, but I usually use .5% tropicamide with no anesthetic first so the effects are less significant (2-4 hours depending on eye color). You can always request Rev-Eyes (reversal drops) which cut dilation time down to about 1/2 hour, but those drops are no longer available, so get dilated soon if you want to take advantage of that one. What's in our offices now is the last we can get of it.

There's nothing pleasant about dilation. However, small retinal tears that turn into vision threatening detachments are even less pleasant. Ocular melanomas that can result in death (though extremely rare... I've seen 2 in the last 7 years) are also only detectable with dilation. It's worth a couple hours of light sensitivity.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda