ACMESkydiver

Can You Bring Alcohol in Checked Luggage?

Not a lot...but a few of those small bottles because I don't want to pay the ridiculous fees for the hotel mini bar. >:(

I DID search Delta's website...they have NOTHING about restricted items for checked luggage.

Please somebody point me to where I can know for sure? :)
THANKY!!!

NYC here we come! :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Oh, unless you are going international...in which case there is a limit to the amount. Wine is 2 bottles in most cases, to my knowledge.

I do it all the time. Used to bring a bottle on board with me until the TSA started with thier antics. Figgered if I couldn't jump it I might as well drink!

(Cinco de Mayo party idea - Fill a pinata with condoms and little bottles of takillya !!)

Let the fun begin!!

Easy Does It

I heard a nasty rumor that there are liquor stores in New York. Don't quote me on that though.

-I thought of that; but we have to have something to drink as soon as we get to our room! I am just bringing about 4 of those individual little bottles of whiskey and cognac. I don't want to wander around looking for a liquor store until later. :ph34r:
~Jaye

You can always do what my friends and I did for our cruise.

1 liter of votka fits perfectly into a 1 liter 7-up bottle (imagine that:P) and looks like 7-up.

Smart! B|

-Or do what UW med-type students did way back in the day...bring a bunch of oranges to the football game.

-now then, those oranges had been injected with vodka via hyp. needle prior...but who's to know that? :)
~Jaye

Keep in mind that certain liquors (151, other high-proof alcohol) isn't allowed.

;)

Well if the damn skydiving baggage handlers would stay outta my stash, I wouldn't have to worry if it was 151 or 70 or 80 or whatever proof! >:(:D
~Jaye

You could always use a colostomy bag.... no one is ever going to check the contents:P

I'd rather use a catheter bag. If you use the larger one, more can fit inside! :D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Every time I flew out to Poland (once, twice a year, for the last 7 years) I always had considerible amounts of alcohol both ways, plus beer in my carry-on and never had a problem. by considerable amount I mean 2-3, 1 liter bottles of vodka or whatever. Of course, this is pre terrorist era. Still, if it's in your luggage I don't see it being a problem. If you want something and need to be sure you can have it on the plane just buy it at the duty free store; it's cheaper anyway because you don't pay sales tax on it B| Have a good flight Mrs. Bugs :)

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Sure.... but dont be surprised if some skydiving bagage handler borrows your tequila...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This crap is just one of the reasons I will avoid commercial flying if at all possible. After your bags have been x-rayed and found not to be carrying anything lethal, why should they be allowed to get their hand inside for ANY reason? How dare they insist you not lock your stuff? It's nobody's business what you're carrying.

Perhaps a few well-placed mousetraps might make for some interesting moments...

Cheers,
Jon S.

From http://www.travelsense.org/tips/specialitems.asp

Alcoholic Beverages

You cannot take alcoholic beverages with more than 70 percent alcohol content (140 proof), which includes grain alcohol and high-proof rums like Bacardi 151, in your carry-on or checked luggage.

As for alcohol under 70 percent, you may take up to five liters per person in your checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

I think above 140 proof is considered a flammable liquid which isn't something to take lightly for air travel.

--Head
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/