thatmaoriboy

Gatorz with contacts??

Wear Contacts.
Owned two pairs of Radiators.
Lost both - but not while skydiving (set one pair down somewhere over the rainbow, the other set in the ocean (forgot and dove in - but that's how comfortable they are)).
Personal model preferences; 1) Radiators, 2) Converters.

Having said that; I seem to be expensive shade challenged. I can buy a cheap pair of $10.00 shades and have them all year, but the second I buy a pair over a hundred bucks - poof! Gone within a week. :D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

we have a person at our dz that wears contacts/gatorz with no problems. as far as style goes, it pretty much depends on personal preference and the size and shape of your pumpkin. there are some at the dz with demora's (?) but they wouldn't work on my big melon, so i'd be looking at converters or transformers instead.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

yup, keeps me from losing my ray-bans. i don't have the gatorz yet because i thought they were just a fashion trend. then i tried a pair on, and can't wait to get some. the glasses don't seem to inclined to move anyway, due to the close fit to your face, but the strap is cheap insurance for $100+ glasses.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I love my gatorz...

I am also one to damage/lose expensive shades...

Oakleys died/scratched all the time with me.

I throw my Gatorz around. The lenses don't scratch (well I am not that mean to them, but definitely more mean than I used to be with my Oakley)

The durability is awesome.

I have 100+ jumps on them this year, and I wear them driving and working outside.

Only once I felt air under them (runny eyes)... Most of my jumps are belly (tracking, head down-ish dives to formations, or AFF)... I have a few sit flies in them too.

They are the best thing I have purchased yet in skydiving as far as durability - and they work on non-skydiving days too.

If Oakley made them this good, they would lose $$$ because you would not need to buy a new pair every few months.

I wear soft contacts and have made a few jumps with Gatorz. They work reasonably well for a short delay but when I did a sit jump with them my eyes were really watering. I do have fairly sensitive eyes though. I forget which model I have.

I would try them on a hop n' pop first and then go from there.

I have, however, had really good luck with the Wiley-x goggles. They look very much like a pair of sunglasses and are low profile.

I wear plastic safety googles (free from work) and contacts, have a few hundred jumps with this, all body positions, no problems. They have very similar lines to gatorz. I think bottom line is how they fit on your face. Start with a hop and pop and then explore from there.

Derek

I carry Gatorz in my store/s. Only a hand-full of contact lense wearers can actually use them. Personally, I cannot. They don't seal enough for me. I have a narrow angular face.

But they do fit a wide variety of faces and can be molded SLIGHTLY.

Have you had a chance to try some on? Radiator or Wraptor?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I started using them when I was in NorCal doing tandems, they worked great with my contacts, all I did was remove the nose cradle on them, and I got a nice tight seal, when I attached them to some Chums. I even attached my Pro Track to the Chums, and it was great. Went the whole day like that, they do tend to sometimes fog up when it gets hot, just before you exit.

See oic attached.

I wear soft contacts and a pair of Gatorz and haven't had a problem yet. I did take out the nosepiece and mold them to my face but it all really depends on how they fit in the first place. I don't wear them on facedown tracking dives because they will get a bit breezy on me, but everything else has been fine. Thanks for the great gear Bonnie!!!

I ride with gatorz, but I'm too scared to try jumping with 'em. The thought of landing blind doesn't appeal to me.... Peersers aren't as hot, but they're pretty fool-proof as far as losing contacts goes.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

before i had eye surgery i wore Gatorz with contacts for a number of jumps with no issues..

I was able to find a pair that left very litte exposed space and with a croakie tie on under my helmet never moved at any speed.. (and even survived me trying to bounce)

some people will have better luck than others based on facial type.. I lost 2 contacts while trying different goggles and its not fun to land half blind....