meloo09

Zhills Situation

Do you know that he has hurt people in the past then? I can guarantee that if he hurt someone on a drop zone, I would know it. I got a phone call about this incident about six hours after it happened. Theres no need to be condescending towards me. I have said all along that what he did was wrong and he deserves to go to jail for it.

What the fuck is wrong with people????

That is pretty much typical behaviour for Salsa John where women are involved.:S

Based on that sentence, I'm guessing I met this person at the Halloween Boogie at SDA.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

First, I'm glad you're OK, dude and I'm sorry this had to happen...anytime, anywhere, to anyone.

Second, just going by your responses to Kitty and your "redneck" reputation, maybe John felt threatened by your approach?

How many fights have you been in at Z-hills? Why is that?

Like Kitty, I've never seen John react this way in similar situations. It makes me wonder what about THIS situation.

And yes, I don't know everything either and when the guy that does appears, we'll soon have 1000 years of peace, love, dove.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Second, just going by your responses to Kitty and your "redneck" reputation, maybe John felt threatened by your approach?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't bother to try and justify this with an answer except to say that you really have no idea......

You do NOT stab an unarmed man who hasn't touched you.

Edited to add: it's funny how there are two different types of people out there. those who grew up on one side of the street, and those who grew up on the other.

There are lots of guys from the other side who ignore the cries. You all have to live with yourselves. I have nothing to justify, nor defend myself from, that's why Salsa John is in jail and I sit here. Those of you who knew and didn't say anything should be ashamed of yourselves. Those of you who were around and didn't notice need to pay more attention.

My being a little rowdy at times has nothing to do with anything that happened on saturday. There was no drinking involved, and it was still light outside. You guys can call me a redneck all day long but you cannot take away my morals.

Salsa John was WRONG. He knew it, got scared and lashed out. He is unstable and that is why he was arrested and will do TIME.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

you obviously know nothing of or about Randy.

I'm surprised at a few responses on here...

did you guys miss the part where Randy didn't do anything? No alcohol, no fight, no argument, he simply tried to talk to someone and that someone reacted violently. It seems it IS indeed hard to talk to some people...even in this thread...:S

this fucking drama in a sport that is supposed to be fun is driving people away...and we wonder why our numbers are declining. It's all I can do to tolerate the immature foolishness that seems to permeate skydiving...maybe I just need a new dz...or just stop spending my time with undesireables as a whole. Either way...this is just wrong and Randy shouldn't have to defend himself for trying to stand up for the right thing. Too many sheep out there are afraid of hurting someone's feelings that tolerate abhorrent behavior daily...and this is where it gets us.
Randy did the right thing and got shanked for doing it. Defending someone's insane behavior does nothing to make anybody else want to stand up for the right thing in the future.

Breaking News...

Skydive Arizona has banned stabbings at their dropzone. A detailed report from Bryan Burke will be posted soon....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just blew Pepsi out of my nose:D

Thanks for that!:P

this fucking drama in a sport that is supposed to be fun is driving people away...and we wonder why our numbers are declining.

Is there one person here who thinks skydivers are getting into more trouble today than they were 20 or 30 years ago? From my office right now, I can see a bar called "Two Bits and a Bite", locally known as "Two hits and a miss" after one of our jumpers got a little sketchy in there and took out his girlfriend and himself (and wounded the bar owner).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Andy, I don't see why Randy should be questioned here. The police came out to the scene. If they felt Randy should have been charged with something, I'm sure they would have done it when the incident happened.

No one knows what was going on in John's head or his personal life that might have made him snap this time as compared to other times. The only thing that matters is that he did snap and Randy is lucky to have only the minor injury that he does have.

If this thread starts to go down this path, it's going to end up getting locked.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

this fucking drama in a sport that is supposed to be fun is driving people away...and we wonder why our numbers are declining.

Is there one person here who thinks skydivers are getting into more trouble today than they were 20 or 30 years ago? From my office right now, I can see a bar called "Two Bits and a Bite", locally known as "Two hits and a miss" after one of our jumpers got a little sketchy in there and took out his girlfriend and himself (and wounded the bar owner).

Blues,
Dave

What causes the drama though - that hasn't changed - I'm not disagreeing with you - but Hell, it could be this site . . . it allows for our whole family to exchange stories of good and bad alike, that you just didn't have the communication capabilities "Back In The Day".

I'm just wondering though . . .

was that a 90, 180, or 270 knife?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

you obviously know nothing of or about Randy.

Please don't assume.

I'm surprised at a few responses on here...

Some of them are trying to understand what really happened. It's not common for people to lash out like that unprovoked and a reputation for violence, on either side of the fence, could be a determining factor, don't you think?

What I know is that one of the principles has not displayed a violent disposition in my presence while the other one has. Why such reaction from John we don't know.

this fucking drama in a sport that is supposed to be fun is driving people away...and we wonder why our numbers are declining. It's all I can do to tolerate the immature foolishness that seems to permeate skydiving...maybe I just need a new dz...or just stop spending my time with undesireables as a whole.

Geez...totally agreed and, like you, I'm questioning my own particiption

Either way...this is just wrong and Randy shouldn't have to defend himself for trying to stand up for the right thing.

Randy standing up for the right thing was great, no argument there.

Defending someone's insane behavior does nothing to make anybody else want to stand up for the right thing in the future.

Absolutely agreed. Yet, you seem to interpret questioning for the whole story as defending/attacking someone.
Asking why it happened is healthy. Not getting all the facts out is not.

And yes, since it has already been mentioned, prior events DO impact the story on both sides of the house (sorry for the mixed metaphor).

Andy, I don't see why Randy should be questioned here. The police came out to the scene. If they felt Randy should have been charged with something, I'm sure they would have done it when the incident happened.

No one knows what was going on in John's head or his personal life that might have made him snap this time as compared to other times. The only thing that matters is that he did snap and Randy is lucky to have only the minor injury that he does have.

If this thread starts to go down this path, it's going to end up getting locked.

Honest questions and open discussion will get a thread locked?!?!?
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

It was clearly a 270 and all one needs to do is ban 270s and all of your problems will be solved. :ph34r:

I SO DISAGREE -

I think we should have alternate knifing areas.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

What I know is that one of the principles has not displayed a violent disposition in my presence while the other one has
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never displayed any type of violent disposition. I will not, however, take any bullshit from anyone at anytime. There is no reason for myself or anyone else to have to put up with any more crap at a jump center than in the "real world". You can sit here and make vague comments about my disposition all you want. The people who know me know better.

Say what you will about me, go ahead. You're channeling your time and energy in the wrong direction.
I have in the past and will continue always to stick up for myself and those around me who need it,

mark those words

It was clearly a 270 and all one needs to do is ban 270s and all of your problems will be solved. :ph34r:

I SO DISAGREE -

I think we should have alternate knifing areas.:D

Obviously, we need three landing areas:
a) Knife carrying.
b) Gun carrying.
c) Unarmed.

"c" will be mostly students, until they catch on.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I think my point was supported.

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls.
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world...

Skydiving world today is no different.
There are no Devils
There are no Angels.
Only skydivers.

Say good night, Gracie.