meloo09

Zhills Situation

: I heard you were trying to steal his secret reciepe

I wanted to say that >:( Brandi's salsa was ten times better anyways.

To Towerrat... get well soon... It could have ended worse, get your rest and get back in the air.

Awwwe thanks. I like his super hot salsa though! It was just too hot.

This is sooo weird that he did this. I never saw his weird behavior though. Of course I never really paid attention to him with women either.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Hey Randy, glad you're doing good. I wasn't trying to make a spectacle of your shanking but I felt that word needed to get out about that guy.[:/]

Also thanks for putting yourself out there so women never need to feel scared or uncomfortable at zhills. You're my hero:P

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say.

Is it me or has skydiving changed. Maybe we accept these weirdoes because they jump at the same dropzone as us.

I'd go so far as to say that most women put up with a lot more flirty/aggressive/sexual behavior at the DZ than anywhere else in their lives. What's cool and funny from someone who is popular and well-liked may be creepy and stalkerish from someone who isn't. What's "too far" from one person is "silly fun" from another."

First of all let me say thank you to Randy. You are well liked and respected for a reason.

Second, let me say to all the skydivers that knew about Salsa John's behavior...Shame on you. You can't rely on the staff to handle everything. They are busy working and are not aware of all the things that go on at a busy DZ like zhills. This should have been handled long ago. I am sure I will get some responses to that one.

Lastly, and most importantly. The above quote is very bothersome and ufortunately very true. I would like to think most skydivers are of strong moral charactar, but there are a few bad apples. Their behavior should be dealt with, not laughed at. Especially when it comes to the "cool kids"

If you wouldn't tolerate their behavior at work, you shouldn't tolerate it at the DZ.

He's never hurt anyone in the past. He tries a little too hard with women, but as much as I've been around him, he has always moved on when told to buzz off. Sometimes you had to tell him more than once, which is annoying, but not harmful. But if you want to say "shame on you" for not treating someone who hadn't hurt anyone like a felon, then go ahead. I was really surprised to hear that John hurt someone. I'd be more worried about him hurting himself, than someone else.

I'm not defending him. He deserves to be in jail for what he did to Randy. But you can't assume that everyone who comes on a little too strong at times is going to stab someone.

He's never hurt anyone in the past.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know this for a fact? I bet you don't. I'd also be willing to bet there are a lot of things you don't know about certain people. Just because someone hasn't acted out around you does NOT mean it hasn't happened.

I know differently.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

We all know differently.. NOW. If he had hurt someone on a DZ in the past, yes I would have known about it... just like I know now what he is capable of. I also know of instances in the past where he has been talked to about laying off.. and he did, without hurting anyone. So why this situation is different, I dont know. But it was wrong of someone to say that because we knew he likes to come on strong, this incident was our fault. Its was his action and HIS fault.

Edit to sum up: What I'm trying to say is that until NOW, he hasnt done anything to warrant a warning sign or banning him from anywhere. Now he has, and he will not be welcome anywhere that I know of. He's going to pay the price for his actions. I am sorry you were hurt, and thankful that it wasn't more serious.

Be happy Salsa didn't pull a Cho rampage. [:/] Is he out on bond? :o

bonded out this morning

Quick! Lets organize the angry mob with pitchforks and torches!!!

Seriously though, I hope he gets maxed out on his punishment. There's no excuse for that crap. If you wanna throw blows, that's one thing, but breaking out a knife because some dude told you to lay off is bullshit.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Be happy Salsa didn't pull a Cho rampage. [:/] Is he out on bond? :o

bonded out this morning

Do you guys need to take up arms, just in case? :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>If you wanna throw blows, that's one thing, but breaking out a knife
>because some dude told you to lay off is bullshit.

Interesting. Another poster replied:

"If provoked with no way out I'm not going to take a ass beating if I have a gun or a knife."

Seems to be a wide range of opinions on whether this is OK.

"If provoked with no way out I'm not going to take a ass beating if I have a gun or a knife."

Well, if he sees an ass-beating coming, it should be okay to brandish a gun or knife to let the other guy know he's armed, and hope he doesn't have to use it. :|

However, what Salsa did is still wrong. From what I've read, Salsa's attack was unprovoked and unwarranted, and the off-duty sheriff deputy that was there and saw it happen knows it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, if he sees an ass-beating coming, it should be okay to brandish a gun or knife to let the other guy know he's armed, and hope he doesn't have to use it. :|

However, what Salsa did is still wrong. From what I've read, Salsa's attack was unprovoked and unwarranted, and the off-duty sheriff deputy that was there and saw it happen knows it.

Though I wasn't there and I don't know the whole story, it sounds like if he had just said ok, I'll back off and walked away, that would've been the end of it.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

This is a very sad situation. My intent is not to blame anyone but to learn from our mistakes as a group. As a group, we study the cause of each skydiving fatality and try to learn from it. I think we should do the same for this type of incident.

I think the underlying cause is the degredation of the skydiving culture. OK, bear with me for a moment.

When a skydiver makes a skydiving mistake that is potentially dangerous to him/her self or to others it is dealt with immediately and vigorously. We do not wait until someone gets hurt to address it. I have both recieved and given these ass chewings and I assure you they were taken very seriously by both parties in every instance. Most importantly, these conversations did not always involve a member of the DZ staff. I never saw a repeat violation after one of these conversations but I assure you it would have been dealt with very seriously.

So, as a group...we are responsible for monitoring and correcting inappropriate behavior we see at the DZ. This includes "Weirdo" or "Sexually harrassing" behavior.

We are a very unique and fortunate group. I think we need to do a better job of watching out for each other.

Though I wasn't there and I don't know the whole story, it sounds like if he had just said ok, I'll back off and walked away, that would've been the end of it.

Absolutely, that's all he had to do. But nooo, the asstwat had to get pissy and lash out. :|

Absolutely, that's all he had to do. But nooo, the asstwat had to get pissy and lash out. :|

is that where there's no chode and the vaginer ends right at the brown eye (unless you bleach:D)

That was mine but it does not seem to be the situation here.

This is sooo weird that he did this. I never saw his weird behavior though. Of course I never really paid attention to him with women either.

I never saw anything threatening about him when I met with him. He seemed to be a decent guy, very cordial towards me and others, and he was never overbearing. I'm not defending him, just telling you how I saw him... I don't know what made him snap. I'm just wondering if there were large amounts (or any amounts) of alcohol consumed before the altercation took place.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

is that where there's no chode and the vaginer ends right at the brown eye (unless you bleach:D)

you just made me snort out loud at work... that is some funny stuff :D

Ya, it happens every now and then, but hey, even the special kids gotta get a shining moment every now and thenB|:S

you just made me snort out loud at work... that is some funny stuff :D

Ya, it happens every now and then, but hey, even the special kids gotta get a shining moment every now and thenB|:S

And even tho you win at the special olympics... you're still retarded. I can say that I rode the short bus to school j/K:S:P:D

Edit to sum up: What I'm trying to say is that until NOW, he hasnt done anything to warrant a warning sign or banning him from anywhere

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again Miss Kitty, you speak from your posterior. You DO NOT KNOW that he hasn't done anything in the past. I'll say again that just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!