sharimcm

The new love of my life...

I honestly did NOT go to the car dealership to buy a car yesterday. I went to go check on how much my del Sol was going to cost me to get the rotors done, but then, she caught my eye... I was drawn to her by some weird force... I couldn't take my eyes off of her... I had to have her... Oh yes, she will be mine.... Two hours later, there I was, driving off the lot a happy woman. B|

2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe 5-speed Manual Transmission :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

For the cost that is incurred in driving a brand new car off a lot - the huge depreciation in value.. how many jumps could you have bought?

I don't understand the process of buying a new car.. Wouldn't a car that is several years old be just as good and save you soo much money in the long run?

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I don't understand the process of buying a new car..

Wouldn't a car that is several years old be just as good and save you soo much money in the long run?

I don't understand the process of buying a car that someone else doesn't want anymore. There's also the peace of mind that comes from having a car with a warranty.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

For the cost that is incurred in driving a brand new car off a lot - the huge depreciation in value.. how many jumps could you have bought?

I don't understand the process of buying a new car.. Wouldn't a car that is several years old be just as good and save you soo much money in the long run?

Well, since I haven't jumped in about two years, I don't know what the going rate is... :S

I bought the car for a couple of grand under the sticker price, and I feel that the car will last a lifetime if I take good care of it. I mean, it IS a Honda. :P

And, I did the whole used car thing... It actually ended up costing me more in the long run when it came down to having to put money in to it for repairs (it was checked out by Lemon Busters before I purchased it). When I looked at how much I spent to repair the old car, I would have been better off buying a new one.

So, now I have both. A used car that I spent almost as much money on so far as the new one.

At least *I* am happy with my purchase.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Not if you WANT a new car, Not everyone works out their finacial goals based on jump ticktets:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Most of the time new is "cheaper" but not always. You have to figure in APR, it's generally lower on a brand new car. Then you can get new car rebates and the warranty on a brand new car in generally better than on a used car.

When i went car shopping a year ago i was looking for a used car, but after researching and test driving for about 3-4 months, a brand new car ended up being the best deal.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

For the cost that is incurred in driving a brand new car off a lot - the huge depreciation in value..

a new car purchase is the largest purchase that people will make of an item that goes down in value. think about that for a moment. new cars are nice, if you can pay cash for them. at least that way you only loose the depreciatable value, and not the interest you pay on the car loan too.

my motto, live like no other, so that later, you can truely live, like no other. as in, cash for toys, paid off house(s), passive income...then when others are working, i will not be, and i will not be living like them...the borrower is truely a SLAVE to the lender. and no, i am not waiting to live until i am retired.

but, to each thier own...i will always have properties you can rent from me. if it makes them happy to live in dept...it is thier choice. but just think if you had no bills, no payments, no reason to be a slave...

nice car though, honda is quality.

a new car purchase is the largest purchase that people will make of an item that goes down in value. think about that for a moment. new cars are nice, if you can pay cash for them. at least that way you only loose the depreciatable value, and not the interest you pay on the car loan too.

That was pretty much my thought. It's not just about jump tickets.. to me it just makes a whole lot more financial sense to buy a car that will be just as reliable, pay cash for it, and maybe take the money you're saving on not having to pay any interest to the bank and set that aside for an emergency car repair fund (if you're really worried about the warantee thing). Seems to make lots more sense (to me), and really, what is the difference between a 2 year old car versus a brand new car in quality?

****I've been reading Dave Ramsey's book recently so I'm all about cash purchases.

Sorry Shari, I didn't mean to turn it into a debate on new versus used cars. Congratulations on a cool new toy.

Do you know what the gas mileage is on it? I bet it's pretty awesome.

Honda is a great choice for sure. I am on my second one and I love them!

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

although Austin traffic with a stick shift...hahahahahahaha:o:o:ph34r::o:ph34r::ph34r::o

That's why I kept my automatic Honda del Sol as well. ;) It's for those days that I don't want to have to fuck with driving a stick... I might even use the del Sol for bad weather days. It's easier.

I was stuck in downtown traffic coming home from my mother's house this afternoon... Clutch, shift, clutch, brake, clutch... :S But, I do love the car, so it's all good. I wouldn't have it any other way.

****I've been reading Dave Ramsey's book recently so I'm all about cash purchases.

YES! Dave Ramsey is right on! Good for you! Then, once you have gotten out of debt, (unlike "normal" people) you can invest, and rapidly move forward, unliike...normal people. other good book...Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and "48 days to the job you love"

oh, and nice car...no hijacking going here! ;)

I was stuck in downtown traffic coming home from my mother's house this afternoon... Clutch, shift, clutch, brake, clutch... :S

have someone teach you how to "float the gears"...you will only use your clutch at start up, makes it last forever. after driving show trucks for awhile, i never use the clutch in my stick jeep.

Sorry Shari, I didn't mean to turn it into a debate on new versus used cars. Congratulations on a cool new toy.

Do you know what the gas mileage is on it? I bet it's pretty awesome.

Honda is a great choice for sure. I am on my second one and I love them!

Thanks. The mileage on the sticker is 30/40, so it's going to be about 27/37. My 2006 Honda Civic was getting about 27-28 mpg in the city, so I see no reason why a 2007 would be different. I still own a 1995 Honda del Sol, but as with any older vehicle, it is due for repair (again).

And, in my opinion (if it means anything), I will never buy a used car ever again. I have purchased and paid off both used and new vehicles, but in the long run, it always seemed the used ended up costing me more. But again, that's just me. I am happy with my decision.

My old '94 Honda Civic with 200,000 miles on it still gets 33 MPG overall. I wouldn't be surprised if yours gets 40.

My '95 has 187K on it, but I only get about 30 MPG (if I keep the AC off). It goes down to about 26-27 if I have the AC on at all times. :S