skydivex3m

V310 and sabre2 170??

So I take it you are trying to stuff a main in a container the manufacturer says is too small so you can do two downsizes of canopies in the future instead of one and still use the same container?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

How do you feel about a 170 main and a 143 reserve? If you only feel comfortable flying a 170 main at this point in your skydiving career, why do you feel a 143 reserve is a good idea?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

The 170 would be VEEEEERY tight in the v310. if i'm not mistaken, and i probably am, but i believe relative workshop says the v310 will hold up to a 150. with about 7,000+ packjobs, i can tell ya that their sizing chart isnt very flexible. Even if you did stuff the 170 in, you would be putting ALOT of stress on the flaps and grommets....just my two cents..good luck with whatever setup you decide to go with.

I have about 150 jumps in a sabre 150, and some demo jumps in a 143 reserve, and it worked fine for me.

the V310 holds 150 but they say that one can put one size larger for some time..

If you think you already have the answer why are you asking the question?

A couple of people with far more knowledge about gear then you have said it is not a smart thing to do. What answer are you looking for?

Edit to add:

Jumping a reserve loaded at 1.6:1 is foolish; at your experience level it is stupid.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I jump a V310. If you are out in say...Arizona, with low humidity, you will be lucky to squeeze in a Crossfire 139 with HMA lines. The type lines are VERY important in the overall pack volume. I know RW says 150 zp, but that would be a very snug fit on the East Coast ( read, lots of humidity) I dont know where you are at, but take it for what it is worth and enjoy that Vector, awesome rig!