georgerussia

New features in Cypress 2

Everybody who has to set their Cypresses 2 to different landing area elevation before every jump knows that it takes a few minutes. Airtec GmbH has implemented the following shortcut to help us in this situation:

- On the first time you set the elevation as usual, and the Cypress stores is.
- Then when you turn it off and back on, it goes through 10 to 0 as usual. If the button is still pressed (so we're in elevation setting mode), it shows the elevation stored before for a second, so you just need to release the button without waiting for the whole settings process.
- If the button is pressed more than for one second, the Cypress resets the stored elevation, and enters the elevation setting mode starting from 30ft again.
- If the button is not pressed when the Cypress goes from 10 to 0 (we're not in elevation setting mode), the Cypress sets itself to 0 - no elevation set.

This way it will not affect the people who do not use this feature, and will help those who do. If you see any flaws in this scenatio, blame me, not Airtec - it was my idea :)

According to AirTec, this upgrade is only for Cypress 2, and will be installed into your Cypress 2 when you send it for maintenance. There is another feature to see the number of jumps made with the unit - check the newsletter - but it was not my idea, so credits go to someone else.

Honestly I'm really impressed. I send a feature request to Airtec in July, and they already have it done! Comparing with how some AAD manufactures handle their customer requests I'm very happy that I have chosen Cypress 2 as my AAD.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *