LisaH

Arsonists..why?

Last time I played with matches, my Daddy lit my ass up with his belt.

So, it wasn't me!

My brother set my parent coconut fibre matress alight, when i was little,
That was an interesting day:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

some kid burned a school down here . . .[:/]

We had a spate of church burnings here in Alabama last year. Three stoopid assed college students in the Birmingham area went on a drunken rampage and torched some 8 or 9 churches in rural areas. They're all serving some serious time in prison now. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Got your back, man!

Well...except for the 27th...I'll be in FL/AL doing beach jumps that weekend.

Welcome back, anyway! Glad to see you got your A. You're one of my great success stories.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May09/0,4670,Wildfires,00.html

California: Orange County, San Bernardino County, LA County. Florida. Georgia. Minnesota. Canada. WTF is happening? :|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May09/0,4670,Wildfires,00.html

California: Orange County, San Bernardino County, LA County. Florida. Georgia. Minnesota. Canada. WTF is happening? :|

ltdiver

It's been a VERY DRY year so far.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thats good to hear, Hoped from day one I wouldnt Let ya down...Its been cold up here up untill the past couple weeks So it took me almost a month to get back up in the skies but I banged out the rest of the jumps in one day, and got my A. Impressed the DZ when I left inbetween 24-25 to go get two cases of Beer...Needless to say I like the DZ here but not as much as the Farm...The Farm will always be my Home Away From Home...
-"It's amazing the kinds of things you think about when there's no time to think."

TOWER LADDER 44...FDNY, SOUTH BRONX

California: Orange County, San Bernardino County, LA County...WTF is happening?

Same thing that always happens. I remember Oct 1993 - there were ashes blanketing the streets in my home city because Los Angeles had fires north, east and south (The Pacific Ocean wasn't on fire, though I understand some feared it would be). Malibu was up in flames (which happens quite often), Laguna Beach was in flames (as happens every few years) and the San Gabriel Mountains were on fire (as happens every ten years or so).

I remember other huge fires, like the Painted Cave fire in Santa Barbara in about 1990, the thousand oaks fire in 2005, 2003 firestorms (about which a lengthy thread was started in the bonfire).

These firestorms are a fact of life. Brushland catches fire - either people start the fires of nature starts the fires. Goodness, how many lots in Malibu have been rebuilt twice or more after being burned down?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Got your back, man!

Well...except for the 27th...I'll be in FL/AL doing beach jumps that weekend.

Welcome back, anyway! Glad to see you got your A. You're one of my great success stories.

Emerald coast?
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Needless to say I like the DZ here but not as much as the Farm...The Farm will always be my Home Away From Home

No DZ bashing here but I used to jump in SDLI but never the farm. And you haven't jumped in X-keys yet. You should check it out sometime....mucho caliente chicas....

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

These firestorms are a fact of life. Brushland catches fire - either people start the fires of nature starts the fires. Goodness, how many lots in Malibu have been rebuilt twice or more after being burned down?

Yes, but I was addressing more the title of the thread. It -seems- like more and more arsonists are on the loose these days.

I, too, remember the firestorms of 2003. I took National's time off that year (didn't go to Florida, but still took the time off work...just in case...). I was driving home from Las Vegas at midnight and saw the Rancho Cucamonga fires. Woke up the next morning and the Old Waterman Fire had been set.

Drove south to the DZ and marveled at the amount of smoke in the air. Thick blanket of the stuff.

But the drive home took the cake! Fires to the west, south and north! I stopped in San Timateo Canyon and stared. The image will always be burned into my brain.

Yes, dry brush...over years and years of growth...seem to attract the arsonists. Let's not forget the 5 firefighters who died just last year (again, during our National's time in Eloy) by the hands of an arsonist. B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon