bwnco

mechanics of a chute opening

[:/]HI, in lieu of sounding stupid. Is there anywhere out there one can find out exactly how a chute is suppose to deploy, the whole mechanics etc. Im a beginner and am curious as hell as how the whole thing exactly works. I keep reading about the differences between base outfits and regular but I dont know enough about the mechanics to make sense. Any help would be apprecitated, thanks alot.......BW
"Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile initially scared me to death."

Cloggy,
I appreciate the link and the help. For the record my profile is filled out, new at the sport and allthough I do know alot about it, im trying to find out every little thing I can. I always find it amusing how the smartasses in a sport are usually the ones that arent worth a crap even after doing it for years and have to throw down on any newcomers , to get there ego up, beings they have such small peckers and brains......... Thanks alot for the help, ever want to ride bulls, rock climb, scuba dive, or any info on rocky mtn west give me a holler.......... Thanks Again...
"Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile initially scared me to death."

I always find it amusing how the smartasses in a sport are usually the ones that arent worth a crap even after doing it for years and have to throw down on any newcomers , to get there ego up, beings they have such small peckers and brains......... .

[:/] I desperately hope that wasn't in reference to mjosparky (who I know is well respected on these forums and has been very helpful to this newbie in the past.)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Plus what a surefire way of getting everyone to be pissed at a newcomer. I am new and i wouldn't dare try to throw such negativity toward the people who are going to help me in the future. Sure sets you up for being an ass. Also to end it with your list of woohoo sports as if you are something was pretty obvious and I am sure the people who are skydiving probably are extreme sports people already...just a word of advice from one newbie to another.
Jump at The Skydivin' Place
http://www.skydivepa-md.com

only odd thing is the strong tandem rig with a drogue that looks like it belongs to a vector

what makes you say that? because it is white? it looks way too bulky to be a vector drouge, the one in tow on the canopy shot is most dfinately strong.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The deployment sequence starts with filling out your profile. Trust me on this.:)

... and then you'll give him those NASA and AIAA documents including both wind-tunnel and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) studies on the deployment and inflation sequences of both round and ram-air canopies?

Don't laugh, I've seen such things.

The deployment sequence starts with filling out your profile. Trust me on this.:)

... and then you'll give him those NASA and AIAA documents including both wind-tunnel and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) studies on the deployment and inflation sequences of both round and ram-air canopies?

Don't laugh, I've seen such things.

No, I would say he has gotten just about all the information out of me he is likely to get. I think is goes like this, “Missed a real good chance to keep his mouth shut”.

But hell what do I know, I am not the one asking the questions.:)
Here is a little light reading from a "stability" program.:P
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I always find it amusing

Whoo, slow down big boy. I am glad you find me amusing.

throw down on any newcomers ,

I wouldn't dream of "throw'n down" on a bull ride'n, scuba dive'n rock climb'n macho man like you.

I just sit here quietly and watch as you master one more "cool" sport.:)
Good Luck and don't forget to pull.:S
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I always find it amusing

Whoo, slow down big boy. I am glad you find me amusing.

throw down on any newcomers ,

I wouldn't dream of "throw'n down" on a bull ride'n, scuba dive'n rock climb'n macho man like you.

I just sit here quietly and watch as you master one more "cool" sport.:)
Good Luck and don't forget to pull.:S

HaHa! Been there done that! (All of it, except for the bull riding thing). Well done!! Seems like your new nemisses is a little thin skinned and has a "little ego problem". I sure hope he survives DZ politics by fire!!! Note to antagonist poster: LISTEN AND LEARN, it may save your life some day. Really I'm not kidding.

Mick.

Cloggy,
I appreciate the link and the help. For the record my profile is filled out, new at the sport and allthough I do know alot about it, im trying to find out every little thing I can. I always find it amusing how the smartasses in a sport are usually the ones that arent worth a crap even after doing it for years and have to throw down on any newcomers , to get there ego up, beings they have such small peckers and brains......... Thanks alot for the help, ever want to ride bulls, rock climb, scuba dive, or any info on rocky mtn west give me a holler.......... Thanks Again...

Wow - what a way to make a first impression. ;)

Without knowing my pecker size and brain size compared to yoursB|, I see in your profile you are from Colorado... Denver area by chance?

If so, Private Message (PM) me via this site... I teach/jump at Mile High Skydiving a lot... If you come up to the DZ, I will show you step by step how a parachute works on deployment and flight... I will also show you how it gets packed, and how all the gear works. I have a lot of video of what it looks like from my camera helmet too, we can slow mo it and you can see it really happen.

If that peaks your interest, you can then do a tandem jump with my friends, who again, may have small peckers but are great guys. After that, we have a first jump course every weekend for AFF level 1.

Again, PM me and we can meet at the DZ...

It also occurs to me that if this is "throwing down" on someone, bwnco is not gonna like these forums much! DGIT is a throwdown... but if you get it you probably deserve it, right?

Anyway, is there any FJC that doesn't show you how the deployment sequence works?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.