RkyMtnHigh

How did you discover DZ.COM?

Tandems, AFFs, others...how did you discover this site? did a friend tell you about it, your dzo or tandem master told you about it, or did you stumble acrossed it by doing a google search, or what?

I'm Just Curious...

I found it when looking for info on skydiving via google

yup same here I had already done AFF1 and being the information sponge I am i needed to know more about the sport so I went hunting:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was searching for "Daisy.cum".
In order to avoid such mistake in the future, I have since, needless to say, switched from Vodka to Absinthe...:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Tandems, AFFs, others...how did you discover this site? did a friend tell you about it, your dzo or tandem master told you about it, or did you stumble acrossed it by doing a google search, or what?

I'm Just Curious...

damn, it's been 7+ years since I logged in.
Sangiro heard there was a new jumper in florida and thought it would be good to have me around so he rode his bike from africa to the US to tell me about the site. Then he handed me a unicorn that we promptly put on a spit and roasted.

It was cool to see all of the magical sparkles coming from the fire. it was am amazing meal, too.

If you ever stumble across unicorn kill one and eat it. It'll make you feel happy and high for weeks.

After the BBQ, HH explained how he was surprised that no one had taken the domain "dropzone.com"
so he scraped his last bit of money together to buy it and slowly developed this site into the power house it is.

I congratulated him and thanked him with ,what he said was his first free jump ticket from a user that he had received.

after all $20 covered all of my post whoring and than some.:ph34r:

Then, we made a jump. some crazy 4 way ( i think) that blew apart but HH and I docked and did a 2 way barrel roll. after that everyone celebrated my joining the site with beer and a bonfire.

NOTE only about 65% of this story is fact and it is only approx 30% in chronological order

EDIT for typos.
My photos

My Videos

Unfortunately, I heard about it when a friend/DZO died.:(

I had heard that a lot of discussion and comments were being posted, and I wanted to see what was being said (most all was good, thankfully!:)
I didn't actually sign on for several more years though.

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

I used a search engine to look for skydiving clipart, and found "Sangiro's Synergy." Once sangiro established dropzone.com and posted a link from the "Synergy" site, I wandered upon this community.

I spent a lot of time reading the articles and surfing the classifieds; my entrance into the forums was a bit later. This was really my first foray into an internet forum . . . I had seen rec.skydiving, but the content was very hard to follow because of the noise.
Arrive Safely

John

Parachutist did an article one time on skydiving websites. It must have been in 2001 or something, around the time that I started.

I couldn't figure out the whole rec. thing,:$ so I got on here.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I found it on an internet search. Way back in 2000, I quit skydiving after my 26th jump because I was such a fuck-up. But, I missed it so badly that I kept looking for ways to stay in touch with the sport. Finding and reading the forums got me psyched up again to try it again and the rest is history. I think I posted about that in my first post. It only took me about 3 posts before I flirted with Sangiro. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I am originally a rec.skydiving user, but when my computer crashed and I had to start everything all over again, I couldn't get rec.skydiving set up in its old easy-to-use-and-read format, I gave up on it and somehow found this place. I don't remember what led me here though. Word of mouth, maybe.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I couldn't figure out the whole rec. thing,:$ so I got on here.

I discovered rec. in the late '80's. It was really cool until the unwashed/uneducated masses discovered it. By the late '90's it had degenerated into a cesspool. If ever a newsgroup needed a moderator, that was it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It only took me about 3 posts before I flirted with Sangiro. :ph34r:

So the truth comes out; Sangiro started the site just to meet chicks.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.