Brains

Fuck Best Buy!

Don't fall for their "free magazine" bullshit either. If you sign up for the 2 free issues of whatever magazine they automatically charge the card you use for a subscription. Which is fine if they were honest, but if you go there, and they offer the magazine, ask if you get auto signed up for it and they will always lie and say you don't get signed up, but you do.

I'm sure I've spend 5k there over the years but will never buy anything from them again. I hope they enjoy the couple of dollars they got commision from Sports Illustrated.

http://www.SkydiveVids.com

"Most stores have a policy that anything over a certain dollar amount requires a signature check"

Not so

While I was attending PIA in Reno someone used my credit card at Home Depot and charged 800 dollars worth of stuff while I still had the card in my possession. The funny thing is they tried to do the same thing in Lake Wales, FL at another Home Depot (Hint Hint maybe a skydiver would you say)) about a week later. This time for well over 300 dollars worth of merchandise. Guess what the bank caught them and refused the second charge and notified me. The bank gave me a new cc number and took off all fraudulent charges off my account.

How they can check out with a bogus cc number is beyond me. Home Depot just had to eat the charges.

Chris

by not signing it, the person who steals it can sign it and then the signature would match.... I always put

"ASK FOR ID" on the back of my credit cards

What he said. Unfortunately it's started to cause me a problem. In the state of Washington, all liquor stores are government owned and operated, and they've adopted a new policy of only accepting signed credit cards. They will not accept a "See ID" card, even though my primary card (debit) has my picture on the front. >:(

Blues,
Dave

Oops - I have "Check ID" on my debit card! You'd think that your WA DL and the card would be enough!

Guess I'll have to pay cash for my CPT Morgan from now on!

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

How does this affect you?

Dispute it over the phone and you'll be sorted before you get your new cards in the mail, and Best Buy will probably end up getting fucked exactly as you say.

Now, I'm off to enjoy my new PS3 in HD :D:P

does anyone here play ps3 online at all?

Resistance: Fall of Man and sometimes Motorstorm but lately motorstorm has been pissing me off.

What's your PSN ID? Assuming you play online.

PSN ID: cb150

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Not that my $.02 will help, but just max all your cards out so that the thieves will just have the charges denied. :o Unfortunately, a card I kept around for emergencies only was stolen out of my purse (which was a rare occasion I had it), and someone went to pay their court charges, child support, went on a shopping spree, and got phone service... You'd think they would be able to catch the person, but NO... The detective called me about four months after the incident and told me 90% of the cases go unsolved, and since I had fraud protection on my card, the credit card company would charge it all back to the vendors that didn't check for ID.

And, like many others, all my cards say "PLEASE SEE ID" on the back of them. Even with that though, only some actually ask for it. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

My wallet was stolen yesterday and the theives went straight to best buy and bought a 40" sony plasma and a playstation3. Best buy didn't check id. I purposely don't sign my cards so people WILL check id.>:(>:(>:(

Sooooo, FUCK BEST BUY!!

Sorry to hear your wallet got stolen. :(

And this link won't make you feel any better about the security level of id's and credit cards...

Credit card Prank

And Prank #2

Credit card Prank 2

Pretty scary what stores will accept, before even blinking an eye.

1) they had your Id so they may have looked like you

2) they could have looked at the sig of your id and signed the card with yoru sig or any thing they wanted.

3) it is better to put "SEE ID" on it than nothing.

4) interesting links provided, but not surprising. X is also a valid sig in IL and a few other states

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

does anyone here play ps3 online at all?

Resistance and sometimes Madden

Hey, got your friend invite. I highly recommend buying Callling All Cars for $10. It's an absolute blast to play online.

Nice sig by-the-way. I had that same MM quote as a sig for a while but have updated.

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM