Brains

Fuck Best Buy!

My wallet was stolen yesterday and the theives went straight to best buy and bought a 40" sony plasma and a playstation3. Best buy didn't check id. I purposely don't sign my cards so people WILL check id.>:(>:(>:(

Sooooo, FUCK BEST BUY!!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I purposely don't sign my cards so people WILL check id

Does that ever actually work? I mean, at how many places does the card ever even leave the buyer's hand anymore?

Oh yeah, and sorry your shit got stolen. Are you going to have to pay for it?

Most stores have a policy that anything over a certain dollar amount requires a signature check. This is especially true at a store like Best Buy that sells expensive electronics. I am sure it is their policy to check.....the stupid uneducated 19 old know nothing minimum wage clerk probably forgot. That is why I don't shop there.....I agree "fuck 'em".

That sucks!!!! Sorry~

I purposely don't sign my cards so people WILL check id.

I do that too, however if you travel to China expect not to be able to use them! They refuse your card unless it has a signature - I even had a clerk throw the card back at me.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I know that best buy (and several other stores) require the cashier to enter the last 4 digits of the credit card (which allows them the oportunity to look for the signature...) I have "SEE ID" written on my credit cards and I thank every clerk who actually asks to see my id...

I also correct clerks that don't ask to see my ID... :|

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

by not signing it, the person who steals it can sign it and then the signature would match.... I always put

"ASK FOR ID" on the back of my credit cards

EXACTLY. Unsigned cards are asking for it.
cavete terrae.

by not signing it, the person who steals it can sign it and then the signature would match.... I always put

Yeah, well where the hell were you guys yesterday??:D:D

New cards will all have that written on the back.

Linder, no the card company says i am not responsible for the charges. I am hoping the police get something off the security cameras since i know exactly which store and the exact time.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

To clarify, mine do say "See ID".... and I typically do not present my credit card without my ID.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

To clarify, mine do say "See ID".... and I typically do not present my credit card without my ID.

g

Some american express cards now have your picture on them. Costco Amex cards come to mind...

My wallet was stolen yesterday and the theives went straight to best buy and bought a 40" sony plasma and a playstation3. Best buy didn't check id. I purposely don't sign my cards so people WILL check id.>:(>:(>:(

Sooooo, FUCK BEST BUY!!

That so fucking sucks!

BTW, you should come over. I've got a new TV for the shop. It's sweet, around 40" or so.;)

Tubing, so easy a caveman can do it.

What he said. Unfortunately it's started to cause me a problem. In the state of Washington, all liquor stores are government owned and operated, and they've adopted a new policy of only accepting signed credit cards. They will not accept a "See ID" card, even though my primary card (debit) has my picture on the front. >:(

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

well fuck best buy anyway, but ummm here is how it usually works.

They didn't check the id, because the person buying knew the person ringing them up and well tada, security measure bypassed.

Having your card signed or not signed would not help in this situation.

My guess is the playstation 3 went to the clerk and the plasma to the one who found your shizzy.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

My wallet was stolen yesterday and the theives went straight to best buy and bought a 40" sony plasma and a playstation3.

Sorry to hear about that. This happens quite a lot in NY. Not to say you didn't do this but it's usually best to contact every financial institution to mark the cards stolen immediately after you find out your wallet was lost/stolen.

I purposely don't sign my cards so people WILL check id.***

The best thing to write on the signature box is either "check id" or "see id". This almost always forces the clerk to check the buyer's id.

Bank of America and a few other financial institutions offer a photo visa/mastercard. This will definitely minimize identity theft/unauthorized charges.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

Sooooo, FUCK BEST BUY!!

If it costs you anything at all, it'll cost you $50 maximum on your credit cards.

The hassle from having to do everything is more annoying, though. Sorry for that.

Call the three credit bureaus and request FRAUD ALERTS be placed on your account, preventing anyone from opening up new credit cards in your name. It's free and worth it.

What he said. Unfortunately it's started to cause me a problem. In the state of Washington, all liquor stores are government owned and operated, and they've adopted a new policy of only accepting signed credit cards. They will not accept a "See ID" card, even though my primary card (debit) has my picture on the front. >:(

Blues,
Dave

Good to know... so we'll be stopping in ID on the way to LP for alcohol!

g
OMG, is she okay?

Blues,
Dave

use the atm before going into the store and pay cash.:|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Sooooo, FUCK BEST BUY!!

That so fucking sucks!

BTW, you should come over. I've got a new TV for the shop. It's sweet, around 40" or so.;)

pssst....I'm gonna want more than $60 for that plasma TV I gave you yesterday.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Jeff
Sorry your shit got stolen. I wish I could help you.

To continue the discussion...
EVERY credit card says on the back "Authorized Signature. Not valid unless signed." I used to work at a gas station and if the card was not signed I would make it a point to ask for an ID and show the customer that statement on the back of their card. I would politely inform them that their card is currently not valid and I shouldn't be taking it. Of course I would accept it though after I saw an ID.

The problem is that most clerks getting paid minimum wage just don't care. With all the identity theft going on nowadays it really ought to be a bigger part of their training. Big chains like Best Buy had especially ought to be more on the lookout. Big places like that should have secret shoppers trying to use unsigned or cards that are not theirs and the clerks should be stopping them. Just my $.02

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."