Shotgun

Catalina is on fire...

Dozens of fire engines arrived through the night from as far away as Fresno, carried by giant military hovercraft from the Marine Corps' Camp Pendleton.

Boy, that must have been a sight to see! Hope they can get it under control soon without casualties.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It's going to be a very bad fire year; we've had only 4ish inches of rain, and we're normally at 14 inches (in Los Angeles). We had little rain last year, as well - everything is incredibly dry and unstable. The hills near my house - the Hollywood Hills - have had 5 fires already this year, the worst being the beginning of the week; 800+ acres of Griffith Park burned.

I'm sorry for Catalina - it's a gorgeous, fun place...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yeah, I hated to see that Griffith Park was burning too. I've been wanting to go there...

It's really dry around our house too. Well, except that the neighbor just emptied his swimming pool into the creek behind our house. (:|)

I had a pontiac catalina once that I should have set on fire........:|

Comments like that could get you shanked.:|:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

We must be dry all over the place. The Gunflint Trail in Northern Minnesota is at 55,000 acres (nearly 86 miles).

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1177481.html[:/]

Damn....we should divert some of our rain your way. We haven't had a day in 2 weeks without rain I don't think. Can't take any more....
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Oh, NO! Not "Luau Larry's"... [:/]

Is that where all the drunken people in sombreros come from?

You can get your Wiki Wacked at Luau Larry's!!! ;)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

True, fire is a bad thing....... even worse is coming home to turn on the tubeB| then have to hear those "Paris Hilton types" pissin' and moanin' about their shit!:o well, since they can afford it they also can afford the additional cost of (INSURANCE)
:o:P They should just suck it up and get on with life.;)

You can get your Wicky Wacked at Luau Larry's!!! ;)

I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like fun. :$

Trust me when I tell you... IT IS. B|

Ok, well I'll be sure to go get my wicky wacked the next time I'm in Avalon. B|