wildjump

Stowing tandem reserve lines

A question for riggers who pack Vector Tandem 360 reserves: Does anyone have any good tricks or methods to keeping the lines stows very neat while stowing into the free bag? The non-cascaded, thick, untreated Dacron can make for "spaghetti lines" and for me anyway, is much harder to keep neat than sport reserves.

Practice, practice, practice. I don't know any other way to say it. Take your time and you'll figure-out ways to improve line stowing into the free-bag. I will sometimes, use the fat end of a wooden packing paddle to tuck lines into the free-bag. There's no easy way of doing it. It'll come to you.

Chuck

I just pack them like a base canopy in the pocket.Half of a twist on each loop and I slide them all the way far into bag .I keep the loop in my hand as I am pushing them down the bag.You can contact Pablo at RWS,he will help you out for sure.Practice is the key and I did the same thing in the begining....3 or 4 times.....

A question for riggers who pack Vector Tandem 360 reserves: Does anyone have any good tricks or methods to keeping the lines stows very neat while stowing into the free bag? The non-cascaded, thick, untreated Dacron can make for "spaghetti lines" and for me anyway, is much harder to keep neat than sport reserves.

If you're not doing it already, starting with clean lines under tension will help. And what I mean by that is I run packing paddles between the front/rear risers and steering lines from the links to the slider grommets at a few time during the packing process on the ground...such as before making the s-folds in the canopy to place it in the freebag, after the canopy is in the freebag...and maybe after the first two closing stows.

Mike
ChutingStar.com