PLFXpert

Just Wanted to Say...

Oh, and...

Yes, I know there’s a forever stamp, but I get my stamps .25 cents cheaper for 100 at Costco, and they come in a roll instead of five freaking flat-packs like at the grocery store, and the post office is a few miles away in a direction I never go, and I’d rather just get mine .25 cents cheaper at Costco when I go once/month.

EVERY STAMP SHOULD BE A FOREVER STAMP!

And guess who just bought a new roll of 100 .39 cent stamps???>:(

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

:D
I wonder if the USPS has a grace period on the new rate. Yesterday my PT sent out 70 mailings with stamps of the previous rate. I asked her if she knew about the rate increase and apparently she didn't so all of the mailings had the old stamps on them.

I wonder if the USPS has a grace period on the new rate. Yesterday my PT sent out 70 mailings with stamps of the previous rate. I asked her if she knew about the rate increase and apparently she didn't so all of the mailings had the old stamps on them.

Probably just like most "Win For Life" tix if you read the fine print Life = Max of 20 yrs!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

When our stamp prices went up in March (to $0.51), Canada Post said they would honour the $0.50 stamps for a year.

I just buy the forever stamps. I hardly mail anything nowadays anyway. The odd card here and there but that's about it.
'Shell

I mail a ton of stuff all the time. And I LOVE cards. And I'm SO pissed at the horrible selection lately. I fucking hate E-cards.:S

I'm not at all the traditonal-type, either. But, I was raised to send a card on occassions, & for thank-you's. I'm the ONLY one I know who does.[:/] My best friend sends thank-you's.:) Makes me cherish the closet of to-be-re-gifted.:P

Send a real card, once in a while, people!

I mail a ton of stuff all the time. And I LOVE cards. And I'm SO pissed at the horrible selection lately. I fucking hate E-cards.:S

I'm not at all the traditonal-type, either. But, I was raised to send a card on occassions, & for thank-you's. I'm the ONLY one I know who does.[:/] My best friend sends thank-you's.:) Makes me cherish the closet of to-be-re-gifted.:P

Send a real card, once in a while, people!

I agree with you. I LOVE getting a card in the mail every now and then. It splits up the bills rather nicely!

And KIDS nowadays NEED to get stuff in the mail! I mailed my niece and nephew a card a while back. No reason. Just said "you need to get stuff in the mail every now and then". They LOVED it!

Yep, I agree ... buy stamps and start sending stuff out willy nilly! The recipient will appreciate it!

:)
'Shell

I figure it's a bargain since it would cost me more in gas to drive a letter to the next town. And that's not even considering the time saved if I had to take something many states away. :)

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I love getting cards too. I send random cards to one of my best friends because she gets a kick out of them. I made her cry once though -- it was a really cute card and I enclosed a picture of us together when we were 14 yrs old.

And I send my clients and potential clients thank you notes, birthday cards, etc. Maybe snail mail is old school but it is nice to get a handwritten note every once in a while!

Yep, I agree ... buy stamps and start sending stuff out willy nilly! The recipient will appreciate it!

you want my address :D

oh and WTF is a forever stamp?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No amount on the stamp. Buy them at the going rate. If the rates increase, doesn't matter. You don't have to add those damn one cent stamps every time the post office raises the rates!

And I have your address!
'Shell

No amount on the stamp. Buy them at the going rate. If the rates increase, doesn't matter. You don't have to add those damn one cent stamps every time the post office raises the rates!
!

if there is not tender ammount on the stamp how do you know if the postage is paid, also how do you redeem the stamps for cash?
Stamps (here at least) can be a form of tender?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

A forever stamp is a stamp that holds the current rate value, regardless of what you initially paid for it. I.e. if you paid .39 cents for it and the rate increases to .41 cents, you can still use the stamp and not have to add the annoying (as in my attachment) .01 cent stamp add-on's to mail a letter.

It's a great idea. But, I think every stamp should be a "forever, but just for a year or whatever" stamp.B|

A forever stamp is a stamp that holds the current rate value, regardless of what you initially paid for it. I.e. if you paid .39 cents for it and the rate increases to .41 cents, you can still use the stamp and not have to add the annoying (as in my attachment) .01 cent stamp add-on's to mail a letter.

It's a great idea. But, I think every stamp should be a "forever, but just for a year or whatever" stamp.B|

The logic escapes me. As soon as the post office thinks about raising rates again, they will stop selling the "forever" stamp. That means, in order to save any money, you have to buy a bunch of them now and save them until the rates increase again. By that time, you will have misplaced them.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.