PikzeeVikzen

HeLp!!!

This (see attachment) has made a home in my enclosed porch that I have to walk thru every time I leave the house. Well, not that exact one but it's still a japanese hornet. I have a HUGE fear of any kind of bee (allergic to most) and he nests on top of a high shelf. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?
I'm the twist that turns your key....

This (see attachment) has made a home in my enclosed porch that I have to walk thru every time I leave the house. Well, not that exact one but it's still a japanese hornet. I have a HUGE fear of any kind of bee (allergic to most) and he nests on top of a high shelf. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Buy him a Cadilac and ask him to relocate to the Hood.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

yep. it's found on the atlantic coast states and a few that border canada. It's sometimes called a giant hornet, european hornet, asian hornet, and several other names. It scares the hell out of me. The damn thing has a quarter in stinger!

I can't get to it unless I happen to see it in flight (running in the other direction at this point) or I climb up a step stool so I can see the top of the 8 foot shelf. I'm a big fat chicken in this case and I don't want to be caught on top of that stool when I miss and the fucker comes at me. :(

Go to Home Depot and get the wasp/bee spray..... trust me it kills them INSTANTLY you wont have to worry about getting away from them.

I had a hornets nest in my garage door entrance.... I aimed upward, pressed the trigger, and they just all fell to the ground.

Good luck girl.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

When you take care of it, do it late in the day, after sunset or at night. They are less active at night and probably wouldnt even come out of the nest at all.

I had to do this once, and I sprayed the stuff into the hole and ran like a bat out of hell. I was not about to wait around and see if any wasps came flying out. (this was a ground nest of wasp's and one did get me when I was cutting the grass. My whole leg turned red.) Next night I sprayed more in there, just to be sure.

When you take care of it, do it late in the day, after sunset or at night. They are less active at night and probably wouldnt even come out of the nest at all.

I had to do this once, and I sprayed the stuff into the hole and ran like a bat out of hell. I was not about to wait around and see if any wasps came flying out. (this was a ground nest of wasp's and one did get me when I was cutting the grass. My whole leg turned red.) Next night I sprayed more in there, just to be sure.

Nice thinking! My hubby is being a bigger chicken, he won't do it for me. :( If this bastard was in the ground I'd consider diesel and a match. That's always fun! Too bad the fuel is too damn expensive these days

yep. it's found on the atlantic coast states and a few that border canada. It's sometimes called a giant hornet, european hornet, asian hornet, and several other names. It scares the hell out of me. The damn thing has a quarter in stinger!

damn illegal aliens:ph34r::D

Best way to kill is swat at it vigourously.

Something else for ground wasps......pour about 1/4 cup of gasoline in each hole (at dusk), and light them with a fireplace match. I've done this probably a dozen times, and it also keeps them from re-inhabiting the same hole in succeeding years.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

. . . it also keeps them from re-inhabiting the same hole in succeeding years.

Don

Well . . . that's because the hole is now the size of a small golf cart.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nice thinking! My hubby is being a bigger chicken, he won't do it for me. :( If this bastard was in the ground I'd consider diesel and a match. That's always fun! Too bad the fuel is too damn expensive these days

OK, if hubby doesn't want to do it.. Then, find someone who will be glad too.. Go buy a can of the wasp spray - talk to the best looking guy in your neighborhood and ask him to spray the wasp.. Let him know that your husband is "alergic" to wasps and you need the help... After that, you can let your husband know you have a headache for the next several months:P;)

Sorry, if there is something that needs done for the family, than the guy should get out of the chair and do it:S

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

on a serious note, DO NOT let that bastard sting you. I was in a taxi in Kabul, Afghanistan and one of those mothers was buzzing in the back window. My buddy (being a macho Afghan) tried to kill it with his bare hand and got stung. Less than 10 minutes later his arm was swollen like he had been bitten by a snake and he had red streaks shooting up his arm (like you see with food poisoning). We stopped at a pharmacy and he got some medicine for it but he was in pain for 3 days from it...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

What the guppie said.

But first...go put on your rig and see if it will take you to altitude.

I'll be sure to leave you and a few other posters a message when I have a major problem so that you guys can help me get my shit together.;)