SethInMI

J3 fits in CRJ overhead?

Does a Javelin J3 fit in the overhead bins on a CRJ (Canadair Regional Jet)?

The bins are pretty small, but I think it will fit. I would like confirmation though, cause if it does not, then it gets gate checked and chucked in the cargo hold...

Thanks,

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Yes it fits if you jam it in, but American is now forcing you to gate check items that will fit but are outside the "defined space". My overnight bag just got rejected twice this weekend on CRJ's and I can carry it on everything larger but since it is about 1 inch too thick its gate checked.

Its up to the agent at the ramp as to if it gets gate checked or not, don't count it going in the cabin anymore if its close.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Well, I carried the J3 on, and it was a little tight getting through the opening to the bin, but once inside it was fine.

TSA hand-searched everyone's carryons at the gate for one of my flights. I was worried about having to argue about not opening the container, but one of the hand searchers was the same person who swabbed the container at the checkpoint, so it was not a problem, which would only happen at a smaller airport like GRR. The checkpoint staff was great: "Is that a parachute?" "I finally got to see one" "Get the supervisor". . . swab swab and done.

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".