BillyVance

Who remembers...

JOLT Cola! B|

Ahhhhh, the good old days when I was doing those 20 hour straight through drives between AL and NY during my college years, and I'd consume an entire 6 pack of JOLT Cola to stay awake! Man was I hyped up! :o :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Of course. Long before the "Energy drink" phase. Stuff tasted like shit, but it worked. Got through Sophomore year of college on it.

I actually have a bottle of Jolt Cola from the Gulf War days. It says something like "Jolt Cola proudly supports our troops fighting in the Gulf War" or something like that.

I wonder if it's worth anything. It probably tastes like crap, too:P

Jolt Cola... twice the sugar... twice the caffeine! I agree, it tasted like crap.

I think it was "All the sugar and twice the caffeine", but I agree, it tasted terrible.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

:D I don't think, I could handle that stuff either, anymore. Years ago, I was driving truck, over the road. I got talking with a bull-hauler, who gave me a couple blue & white speckeled pills. i took one and was awake for four days! Never again!

Chuck

Jolt Cola... twice the sugar... twice the caffeine! I agree, it tasted like crap.

I think it was "All the sugar and twice the caffeine", but I agree, it tasted terrible.

Blues,
Dave

I couldn't remember the exact 'tag' line but you're right! What you quoted, was their 'tag' line.:D Wasn't that about the time Coca Cola, was switching from cane sugar to corn syrup and the 'NEW' Coke and all that? Best marketing ploy... ever!:D

Chuck

My uncle was a trucker...he had these little white pills with a little lines on them that looked like an X...I don't know what in the world they were, but they did the job.

:)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My uncle was a trucker...he had these little white pills with a little lines on them that looked like an X...I don't know what in the world they were, but they did the job.

Think they must have been a precursor to Rogaine
...I swear I could feel my hair grow using 'em! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

most likely their street name was "white crosses" with the main ingerdient being ephedrine or a derivitive there of.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

most likely their street name was "white crosses" with the main ingerdient being ephedrine or a derivitive there of.

:D:D:D Gee...ya THINK?:):$B|

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

Do they still make NoDoz? That's what I got hopped up on in college.

Took NoDoz in HS/College.... I wouldn't do it very often because that stuff made me horribly cranky. I had a very short fuse on that stuff. :P

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

White-crosses
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Sounds like 'white crosses' or 'West Coast Turn-arounds'! :D
That one little speckled pill I took, had my scalp crawlin' and I swear, my nerves were outside of my skin. I had never taken anything to stay-awake while driving before or (especially) after taking that one pill. After that, I'd get tired... I pulled-off the road and slept. there was no load on earth, worth my life.

Chuck

White-crosses

Yeah, when I was working nights a million years ago, I'd take a handful of them and crush them up in a pot of coffee-then I'd have to knock back nearly a quart of whiskey the next morning so I could go to sleep:S
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried