quade

Poll -- Land a Wingsuit

Check THIS out first. I'll wait.
Ok, are ya back yet?
Good.

This jumper will . . .
decide not to do it and walk away from the project.
delay the project until somebody else dies first, then walk away from the project.
be stopped by the government, then walk away from the project.
be stopped by his family, then walk away from the project.
make the jump and make a beautiful stand up.
make the jump and biff in with nothing more than a sprain.
make the jump, but break a few bones in the process.
make the jump and be crippled for life.
make the jump and die.

quade
http://futurecam.com

If he is willing to die trying to be the first than he is a little crazy. Although it will be interesting if he does it. I hope he survives and is not injured too bad!
<----- This is the planet ChromeDome. I am from here. We have a very fast moon and it is dark all the time.

Wingsuits and ski's just dont' belong in the same sentense. They'd make excellent "drag inducing devices", I'd think.
Apart from that, It doesn't seem that weird. Wasn't it patrick that landed a skyboard on the side of a mountain? And then he died on his second attempt?
So if he's stupid enough to not think that ski's might create enough drag to kill the lift of a wingsuit, he's probably stupid enough to try it. So I'm going down for "make the jump and be cripple for life".
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

>Wasn't it patrick that landed a skyboard on the side of a mountain? And then he died on his second attempt?
UMMM.... No. Patrick died when he sewed his main to his custom Birdman suit on accident in HI. Partick had been working on a wingsuit made with skis on it, but he wanted to TAKEOFF from a mountian, not land on one with it.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

UMMM.... No. Patrick died when he sewed his main to his custom Birdman suit on accident in HI. Partick had been working on a wingsuit made with skis on it, but he wanted to TAKEOFF from a mountian, not land on one with it.

I know SOMEONE landed a skyboard on the side of a mountain - I saw the video. He died on the second attempt. I should've remembered that it wasn't Patrick...
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Oh Ye of a little faith!!
C'mon an think positive,, think I already said it would be on a steep snow slope with ski's.. does a board count?? I also mentioned a bettin pool right,, think it was $20 ta get in,, less than 5 years also,, I'd have ta look it up,, I sense ya'll are startin ta back out already!! I'm the only one so far ta say he walks away on the poll,, ain't sayin he may have a few bruises or a lil limp,, hell that can happen walkin down the stairs after a few beers tho!!

Wingsuits and ski's just dont' belong in the same sentense. They'd make excellent "drag inducing devices", I'd think.

That was my First thought as well. How the heck are you going to fly a wingsuit with skiis attached? Talk about giant Air Brakes...MAybe if he Straps them to his chest?
One shot... HEY!!! Mas Tequila!!!!
Two Shots HEY HEY!!!!
Three Shots.......

I'm in the "someone will do it" camp, but this guy ain't it.
The wingsuit design looks cheesy compared to the newer Bird-Man designs and I agree with folks here that the ski idea is really a bad one.
How the heck is he gonna fly them? I mean look at how your feet are oriented when flying a wingsuit. Now attache a pair of skis to them and fly it?
I don't think so.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

That's pretty funny, but I meant the k-point in ski jumping.
Basically, it's the hills designed landing spot. Land past it and you'll rack up extra points, but you also stand a good chance of biffing in.
So, the theory of landing the wingsuit on a ski jump hill has to take into account the accuracy of the final swoop almost as much as if you where to simply land on the flat.
It'll buy you something, but it ain't the answer.
quade
http://futurecam.com

I think this was the Original bet... any more takers...?
from the "talkback" forum...
--------------------------------------------------------
"I think someone will land a wingsuit and walk away uninjured in less than 6 years."
"Wanna put any money on that?"
Oh ye of little faith. :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i MUST reply............
"yea... I'm with you... I know WE'LL be landing our Bird-Man Suits in 2008! and you other guys will be standing there watching...
hehehehe, they just don't understand what we're doing!
I'll put money on that.
Chris
(6 years would be ...... April 23, 2008)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!"