countzero

anyone have the viso on pre-order?

I ordered the Viso from Square 1 back in the end of April / beginning of May and at that time they said it would be shipped to them in 2 weeks. Apparantly L & B had a few issues with it and kept putting the date off. I just called Square 1 last week and they said it should be in by the end of September. I know it isn't their fault, it's the manufacturer, but this is turning into a major pain in the ass. The only reason I don't cancel the order is that I think when it finally does come out it will be an awesome product. L&B have the best customer service around. To really rub salt into my wound, there is a team that is sponsored by L&B that sometimes jumps at my dz and I couldn't help but notice they were all wearing Visos a month ago! >:( Apparently they sent out some to the sponsored teams for them to test. Good thing I'm not holding my breath waiting for this.....

I was down at Skydive San Diego this weekend, and met someone who had gotten one out of the first load L&B shipped out to dealers. Gotta say, the thing looks nice...and the guy jumping it (didn't get his name, it was on a load almost to altitude) gave it solid reviews over the past week. (As if that's all that great a review...but still, I've heard no complaints so far).

Bonnie @ Gravity Gear got a few from L&B's initial shipment, and they were all already sold (she actually had one in stock when I was in, but sadly, it was spoken for). :(

All of this is to say that at this point, it's probably a supply chain problem at L&B. Good news is that they're finally officially out there for sale, and the first batches have been shipping to dealers. So if you're already on a pre-order list, you'll get yours sooner than I will mine. :)
Signatures are the new black.

That's odd, there are a couple viso's sitting in the display case at my DZ's gear store. They've been there for a week or two just waiting for someone to come along and buy one. One thing to note is that they come with a wristwatch style strap as opposed to the hand mount that is shown in all of their ads.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.