FlyinDawg

Plane crashed

Obviously you haven't seen many of my posts.:D

I feel the same way.
I used to type with my elbows (figure of speech)
but I learned to be a little more careful.
I don't worry much about typos though, since I can't type and read at the same time:S

My photos

My Videos

Like I said, I should ask her when. She told me she had badly bruised on arms. Today, I don't see one of those. I really wish one of you can talk to her about it right now.

Ok keep us posted.
(we seem to be typing to each others previous post so I am going to chill for a bit and let us all get caught up;))
My photos

My Videos

Sign language to a computer?

I really want understand this way of typing.

At first i thought it was someone texting from a mobile phone at a dropzone or something, that is what i was making fun of.

So this guy signs to a computer and the computer reads his sign language and types it??

No.... ASL was mentioned, which is how the deaf communicate - hand signals.

There are TTL programs that translate speech to text and vice versa... which is what Billy Vance gripes about when he has to use the phone...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Alright. I just dont get what being deaf has to do with typing in a forum if one can write perfect english.

Just lazy i guess.

That would suck having to type to use the phone. ... brings me to another question though, i am guessing when someone calls billyvance they to have to type? Deaf people must be so happy with mobile phones and text messages?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

You have me curious now.
Billy vance is deaf but he writes perfect english.

Why would someone who can not hear not still write good english?

Not taking the piss just curious.

Because he grew up with American Sign Language as his primary language, and that is based loosely on the French language, which flip flops some words and omits others that we normally use. I grew up in the hearing world and did not learn sign language until I went to college.

I also went to private and public high schools where I was in classes with hearing students and had note takers or a tape recorder for my mom to transcribe class discussions.

Flyindawg, if I'm not mistaken, attended the Florida School for the Deaf, where ASL is prevalent. Not all, but most people who attend deaf schools have written English skills like him. He actually has some of the best written English I've ever seen out of a deaf school.

There have been some deaf people that I've chatted with in person with no problems, but when I try to read their emails, I can't understand what the hell they are trying to say. :S

So... get off his case will ya? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks for clearing that up, Billy... I didn't realize that ASL used markedly different grammar than "normal" English... it sort of makes sense when I think about it, though...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That would suck having to type to use the phone. ... brings me to another question though, i am guessing when someone calls billyvance they to have to type? Deaf people must be so happy with mobile phones and text messages?

If a hearing person wants to call me, they call the relay service at 711. The operator will take your call and ask for the number you are trying to call. The call goes through to me, I answer with my TTY, and the operator has a headset and a computer. All the operator does is type on the computer what he/she hears in the headset, and then voice what I type back.

There's also a new service that's been out for a few years, the video phone. Deaf people with it can call each other and just sign back and forth with a TV and special video camera box, and there's also a video relay service for hearing people to call us or us to call hearing people.

I'll bet you ass-trumpets didn't know that. ;):P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

most of us in australia have video phone mobiles.

If a hearing person wants to call me, they call the relay service at 711. The operator will take your call and ask for the number you are trying to call. The call goes through to me, I answer with my TTY, and the operator has a headset and a computer. All the operator does is type on the computer what he/she hears in the headset, and then voice what I type back.

No phone sex for you then Billy.:D

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

most of us in australia have video phone mobiles.

No phone sex for you then Billy.:D

Relay Service won't take those calls. :D However, I had a co-worker who used to be a relay operator. She could tell you awesome stories about some of the calls she had to do. Gay lover spats, people just being pissed off and typing curse words and all that. She has to match the emotion as best she can. Let's just say when that happens, everyone else in the relay center tries to listen in. :D

And in his defense, at least he doesn't post pics that give me nightmares.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That's MY job, thank you very much...

Or am I the sandman? :D

I'm tellin' you, he should broke the world record for nightmare post pictures. :o:o
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

I'm tellin' you, he should broke the world record for nightmare post pictures. :o:o

Does Guinness have a category for that? :ph34r:

Does Guinness have a category for that? :ph34r:

Ohhhh no, but we can make one! :D:D
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

I was in the plane last summer when Cathy made her "first" skydiver load as a pilot. If you should speak with her, please tell her I hope she's OK. Yes, the Fire Department is literally a hundred yards away from her hangar and just off the field.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I was in the plane last summer when Cathy made her "first" skydiver load as a pilot. If you should speak with her, please tell her I hope she's OK. Yes, the Fire Department is literally a hundred yards away from her hangar and just off the field.

Oh she's completely OK. She walked around as fine and normal.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

No, it wasn't Buttercup. That plane is long gone (about 3 yrs now). I believe its down in Miami somewhere collecting dust...lots of legal problems due to pooor maintance issues and work done to it by non certified mechanics.[:/] Not certifiable to become air worthy.......

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Hey Dawg! Thanks for trying to educate us as to something that affects skydivers. I thought that was the point of this bulletiin board, but apparently you and I are in the minority on that. I'm sorry that you are taking a bashing for doing all of us service. I'm going to call Cathy and see if I can find out some details. Hope all are well.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

It was never meant to be a bashing. It was teasing someone typing in text messagin form and then realised there was more to it so tried to get educated. I feel terrible for the way i came across in this thread towards him. It was a mere hassle, never realised there was a serious side to it and i apologise for that.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store