FreeflyGoat

Riggers gear bag suggestion

Hey guys,

I have been searching for a gear bag for my rigging tools and had a real tough time finding one that really suited our needs. Tackle boxes had too many small compartments. Hard tool boxes didnt have enough small compartments. Soft tool boxes had all the pockets for medium sized items on the outside of the bag. The specialized bag from Paragear is way over priced.

After searching many stores and driving all over town comparing cases I found the Husky 13" Multi-Compartment Tool Carrier. Part #109 636. Home Depot had it for $29.99. It has a front zip pouch for your log book. A zip down front with inside pouches for your medium and small tools; scale, seal press, bodkins, etc. And a seperate large inside for paddles, clamps, wrenches, compartment box for pull up cords etc. , and even fits a large binder for manuals. Has outside pockets if you need to fit more stuff. It wont fit the sewing machine :) but has everything I need to travel and pack a rig. It looks to be built well and durable for the long haul, hell, it was built for a construction site.

Picture of the setup attached below.

Just thought I let you guys know since I did a search here and didnt come up with many suggestions besides "build your own" or buy the $170 paragear bag.

nice find. I use a Craftsman "Contractor's Briefcase" from Sears. It was about the same price (maybe $10 cheaper) and has all the space I need plus you can throw the thing over one shoulder if you need to.......

good job.........FfG
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

a hard side box that has wheels and many small compartments.
the top tool box comes off and the lower section is just one large box, i keep my manuales there and a set of lead weights. the whole thing makes a great packing weight at boogies.
Drawback is that this thing is big and takes up alot of room to haul to the dz or boogie.
But it has a place for a lock it and makes a nice chair to sit upon as well.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

I did my course at Rigging Innovations. The expensive one you refer, it was part of the course to build your own. You sure learn a lot about sewing machines and techniques with large projects like these. Not to mention you can customize and design the entire bag for your gear. It sure was fun and I learned a lot about patterns and materials too.