jdobleman

First LP, now this. Sorry Folks. Byron Weeps.

Of all the things JP was, he was one of the best parents I ever saw. Him and Corrine have raised two very smart kids. He doted on them, and they loved him right back. As hard as this is for us, it's going to be harder for them to understand why the man they loved left them. They can't understand the demons he fought, and there's no way that they should at their age.

We have to remember Yvette and Camille long after the hurt has faded for us and real life has let us move on. The man that they need to help them through the rough world of being teenagers won't be there to shepherd them and protect them. We need to remember them year by year, and take up the slack if needed. We have to remind them how much their dad loved them, and how much he didn't want them hurt, not just now, but in the years to come when they miss him the most.

"I want a do over."

Me too!

Exactly.

I'm kinda weird in that I frequently envision/wish myself in circumstances or places (even hundreds of years anachronistically) so I can change things or experience things. I wish I could be in that car and then headbutt him, punch him in the face, bite his arm/hand or whatever I needed to do to get the gun out of his hand.

We have to remember Yvette and Camille long after the hurt has faded for us and real life has let us move on. The man that they need to help them through the rough world of being teenagers won't be there to shepherd them and protect them. We need to remember them year by year, and take up the slack if needed. We have to remind them how much their dad loved them, and how much he didn't want them hurt, not just now, but in the years to come when they miss him the most.

Unfortunately, from personal experience I can relate all too well. What gjhdiver said is very much on the mark. Long after the hurt has faded and real life has understandably moved on for others, the family will still be numb and hurting. I call it the "invisible scar." Life has moved on, time has gone by and we are supposed to be "better" so we act "better" on the outside, but inside we are far from it. It takes a long time to even start feeling better and there are a lot of highs and lows that go along with that. For those of you that are close to Corrine and the girls, stay in touch with them. The connection, care, understanding of their grief will be appreciated more than you may realize and I'm pretty certain of that.

Sincere condolences to the family and close friends of Deuce. And to JP, in the words of Mother Love Bone, "life is what you make it, and if you make it death, then rest your soul." If you happen to run into my brother somewhere, give him one of your famous hugs for me...

AW

I also live 15 minutes from the church. If anyone needs a place to stay, I have a spare bed and 2 comfortable couches.

madjohn

IM or phone (925) 679-0454 cell (925) 550-8541

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Life is fragile and I truly hope he has found the peace he sought. Its so sad. so VERY sad, but it will be between him and his Maker. Rest in Peace, Deuce, you've touched more people than you know. To the family and extended family, peace, love and heartfelt understanding. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

All,

I just wanted to let you all know what the funeral arrangements are, in case you are interested in coming.

The info is at the bottom of this page:
http://www.traditioncare.com/sitemaker/sites/tradit0/obit.cgi?user=jkelly

Thanks,
Iwan

If it was at all possible, I'd be there. Unfortunately, it's just not. [:/]

I will light a candle to St. Michael for JP up here at St. Vincent's or St. John's...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Reading all these posts, it's not hard to tell JP -like Shannon- meant so much to so many of you and he must have been a wonderful person. I'm thinking of you all, of his girls and his wife, and I'm hoping and wishing his soul is at peace and flying free ...

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

This was a condolence thread. Nice work.

Others might express emotion and cope with loss differently than you. Seems to me that Heather was just posing a curious question to try to understand what happened and that's okay.

Sorry you took offense to my comments. I'm shocked about the incident to begin with but I was also just so surprised to read about the way he chose to do it -- with the possibility of taking out somebody else with him. But then again, I have no personal understanding of suicidal thoughts.

I only knew JP from my days at Sunrise. He was one of my nicest customers. Great to work with and always appreciative. I do feel badly for his wife and girls...I can't imagine the depth of their loss.

Sorry you took offense to my comments. I'm shocked about the incident to begin with but I was also just so surprised to read about the way he chose to do it -- with the possibility of taking out somebody else with him.

I know a little bit more about it than I'm prepared to post here. Suffice it to say that he wasn't tryng to kill himself with an auto accident. It was just that after that accident, events spiralled out of control for him.

He would never have tried to hurt someone else.

I know a little bit more about it than I'm prepared to post here. Suffice it to say that he wasn't tryng to kill himself with an auto accident. It was just that after that accident, events spiralled out of control for him.

He would never have tried to hurt someone else.

Got it.