jdobleman

First LP, now this. Sorry Folks. Byron Weeps.

Wasn't going to post here, I didn't know 'Duece' as well as you people.

I met him a few years ago when I visited Perris and ran into him again last year at Elsinore.
I was embarrassed because he remembered me by name and recalled a conversation we had 2 years before.
I told him I wasn't an LEO anymore and we talked for a little while about that. He made a visitor feel welcome and it really made an impression on me. The next week I got introduced to his family and he talked like we were old friends.
I've read this thread all day and can't get the warm smiling image out of my mind. Like I said I didn't know him as well as many of you writing now, but he struck me as a solid "guy's guy" that anyone would be lucky to call a friend. I understand the hurt and pain and sorrow of the people he touched. I can only say I'm sorry for your loss.

~ "Pack Fast, Pull Low... and Date Your Riggers WIFE!" ~

Unfortunately, neither I nor AndyMan had the pleasure of meeting Deuce, but we often talked about how he was definitely one DZ.commer we wanted to meet and hang out with.

I know that online personalities can be wildly different from real life, but the impression that I got of Deuce--he was a level-headed guy who had a huge heart and would do anything for his friends.

After reading this thread, it seems that my impression of him wasn't that far from the truth. It's sad, we need more people like that in the world.

My heart goes out to him, his family and all of his friends (both in life and online).

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

I know that online personalities can be wildly different from real life, but the impression that I got of Deuce--he was a level-headed guy who had a huge heart and would do anything for his friends.

I think that's one of the best descriptions of Deuce I've heard yet! :)

Damnit Duece.....
I can only wish that you had found that one reason NOT to do it, but now it's done.... Thank you for all the advice for flying cam :)damnit, i've lost to many friends this way....
To all out there, My ear is open. I have had help durring VERY dark times from an unknown (didnt know personally) friend on dz. (I say thank you again Tim...)
This is a sad day.....:(
To all....
813-766-6208
[email protected]
any time every day......

HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

damn it, i didnt want to say, but i can easily relate to him or others that commited..

blue skies, fly free or whuteva.. its your choice man, and, i can totally relate to it.. i hope you're at a better place now, one with the heavens always blue, since angels travel, there's always a blue sky.. AND, there's the sun shining.. dont look back, look forward to whats coming!!!

hope you find your piece of peace!!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Well, here I sit after trying to absorb another brutal blow. I still have yet to make any progress.

How to begin to remember and pay tribute to larger-than-life JP?

What keeps coming back to me is a text message he sent to me a couple of weeks ago. We had been talking about some pretty intense stuff going on in my life and he was being the serious, loving JP that came out on occasion. At the end of the conversation, I told him how much appreciated his friendship, love, and support. He later texted me:
"Ah, Chris, you are the best friend any man could hope for in a lifetime."
I know it was just a silly text message, but I kept it because it reminded me of how much he cared and how much his support meant to me. I still have it. Now, I am not quite sure what to do with it.

JP, you were the kind of friend that I treasure. I am sorry you had to leave the party early.

--Q
-----
Chris "Q" Quaintance
ccqquaintance.com
D-23345

>>"Ah, Chris, you are the best friend any man could hope for in a lifetime."

I know it was just a silly text message, but I kept it because it reminded me of how much he cared and how much his support meant to me. I still have it. Now, I am not quite sure what to do with it. <<

Forward it to your great friends and let the ripple effect take place..... Let his sentiments echo on in the living.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I can't come up with words to say what I'm feeling, so I am going to quote something JP wrote a few years ago. Check out the thread. Sorry, I am not up on clicky stuff; just search for "Golden Summer", it's the first hit. The thread has some nice photos too, one of JP doing a tandem, another that he took of Q, Gareth, and I'm pretty sure Rebekah launching a 3-way.
-------
"I think this is it, for me, for skydiving.

Today was nothing but fun from the get-go. Got to work ( I have no other gainful employment, so the DZ is "work") Did a freefly jump with Q that kept my hope alive of having a head down that will play well with others, then did tandems and AFF all day.

....[edited to keep it short]...

When the work was done, (and before the beer light came on!) I folded up my money and met my family for dinner at a fun family restaurant called Pee Wee Muldoon's in Brentwood (My Brentwood, not OJ's) Me and my Mrs. shared fajitas while the girls had a corndog and fries and spaghetti.

It was a great day. I got to use my ratings and I made a lot of people happy. A lot of people made me happy right back.

And Mattias gave me this picture he took last weekend.

Life is a bizarre stew of events and emotions. My skydiving community is the good stuff. The good stuff that you remember when you are chewing up something rancid and awful. The good stuff you look forward to eating next.

I wonder if it can get much better. This is the golden summer of skydiving for me. "
----
I am going to try to remember JP this way, the way he lived, not the way he left us.

I really can't believe I'm reading this thread, still. I really can't believe that its JP we're all remembering... it just doesn't seem real/right.

Goddammit... I hope he's finally having the fun he deserves up there...

Jen
Arianna Frances

This just plane sucks! To all of Byron my heart is with you...

If this shit keeps up I'm buying stock in Patrone.

To every single one of my freinds... you have made a verry big impact on my life and for that " I THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU " Yes I was screaming that at the top of my lungs so they all could hear me! Things like this make me want to enjoy every moment with the people closest to my heart and to let them all know how important they are, cause you never know how long they or you will be here.

Love to all with a heavy heart

Bill

Here are some pics of JP playing.. most of them were from one very fun day a couple of summers ago when he had to take a day off and blow off some steam.. we talked about having another day like that a few months ago but never got around to it.. I wish we had.. it was a really good day.
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures