jdobleman

First LP, now this. Sorry Folks. Byron Weeps.

Believe me people, I sure as hell don't want to be the one posting this, but it fell to me.

East County Times
Antioch

Vasco Road Suicide Victim Identified

The Alameda County Coroner's Office has released the name of a man wh crashed his car and then committed suicide Monday during the evening commute.

John Kelly Jr, ( YES IT'S HIM,JP) 43, of Antioch, shot himself in the head after crashing his car into a pole on Vasco Road about 5:10 pm. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Kelly was driving south, near the Vasco Road Landfill, wehn he swerved acrsoss the northbound lanes, the Alameda County Sheriff's Office said.
"He sideswiped a telephone pole and ended up in a ditch," sheriff's Sgt. Scott Dudek said. " He took his own life."

Sheriff's Sgt. J.D.Nelson said Kelly was married and had two children.
An off-duty police officer from San Jose saw the crash and walked up to Kelly's car, but it was too late, Dudek said.

"He was thinking he was going to render aid," Dudek said.

The crash and shooting snarled traffic for at least an hour as the California Highway Patrol, sherfiff's investigators and the coroner responded.

MEdiaNews

This has been confirmed, I just talked to Connie Krusi who has talked to his widow. Connie and Vic had been waiting for JP to join them at a baseball game Monday night but never heard from him.

As more details become available, I or another will post them.

GOD DAMN IT.

madjohn

Noooo waaaay[:/]

Why?:(

Did anyone know that he was feeling low and try to intervene? or was this a surprise to those close to him?
Damn...this sucks. He was one who I looked up to when we met at Eloy a few years ago and a buddy online as well.

John Kelly as in JP, as in Duece?

This is very sad. He's been a great friend even with the distance between us over the past few years.

Although belated slightly, the law enforcement profession has claimed another kindred soul. Its a rough job that's rough on the people that do it. Physically and mentally it leaves large number of people that choose to try to make a difference in their society with a life that has been torn apart. Torn apart not just the hours and pressures of the job, but from the extreme mental stress and experiences that they are thrust into. That's why not many retire in it and many more take the same route that JP has, even years after getting out of the profession.[:/]

JP, I wish one of us could have made a more positive influence. I'm sorry that your personal demons proved too much to bare. My prayers are with your family and my heart goes out to you and the pain you must have been in.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Unbelievable. :o>:(:(

Suicide. This is VERY hard to believe.

I hope to god that I never know so much pain or mental anguish that I would consider it. It's not up to us to judge whether or not it was the "right thing to do". None of us can know.

Be peaceful now.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Deuce, you motherfucker, next time I see you I'm gonna give you a big hug. And an ass-kicking. I'm gonna miss those hugs and the way you could sometimes talk to me for half an hour and not make a damn bit of sense but keep me entertained anyway. I love that my last memory of you will be when I was walking from my car to the bar, and you pulled up next to me in your big ol truck and said "I would like to have sex with you. How much for the sex?" in some unidentifiable fake accent. I'm sorry that you felt such pain that you won't be around to fuck with us anymore. I hope you've found some peace, I truly do.

Lots of love wherever you are. You, and your family, are in my thoughts.

Loss...shock and loss.

I can't even begin to imagine what his family is going through this minute.

Those girls! I just feel empty.

HOW --- WHY???

You guys, if things are looking dark for you, PLEASE --shoot up a flare, helping each other out is what we do!!

What a tragic fucking loss.

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

Guest 1010
:(

Though I've never met him nor Katie, this is a great picture.