jdobleman

First LP, now this. Sorry Folks. Byron Weeps.

While I generally just lurk, read, and rarely post to this site because of my jump numbers. I still consider Deuce’s (JP’s) definition of what constitutes a sexual assault one of the most eloquent well-reasoned posts I have ever read on this forum.

At the end of a training day, JP was always the last soldier standing with me in the kitchen of the Elsinore team house drinkin' a beer. The next morning, JP was the only person crazy/dumb/hungry enough to wake up an hour early just to have breakfast with me at Annie's before heading to the DZ. JP always ordered extra wheat toast knowing full well I was the one who was going to eat it.

It was always cool to have you guys around... see attached...

I remember when I first met JP at the 2004 Holiday Boogie. I had rolled into town late and was setting up in the tent city and I could hear his cacophonous story-telling all the way from the fire pit. You could definitely tell where the party was. :)

I'm having a hard time believing this.I'm going to miss that great smile I love you JP I'm going to miss you terribly.My codolences to Jp's family.Also I Love you all and damn it thats enough already there will be no more!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Donny Brown

OHHHHH. Somebody has GOT IT post the Bubble pic from Sweden!!!!!!!

Remi has that one in his hall of shame collection.

g

That fucker....

I was going to read a few post online and get back to my studies, and now this.

Man... this so sucks.

Blue ones Deucy! And I blow my nose at you!
Remster

Peace out bro. Been thinking about you all day... and an appropriate post. There isn't one. I'm just sorry for another loss close to home.

...What crimes have you committed, demanding such penance that couldn't wait for 5 more minutes and a cry for help...

"Ah, Chris, you are the best friend any man could hope for in a lifetime."
I know it was just a silly text message, but I kept it because it reminded me of how much he cared and how much his support meant to me. I still have it. Now, I am not quite sure what to do with it.

If I was in your shoes, I'd display it on the phone and snap a photo of it, because I'm that silly and sentimental and wouldn't want to lose it if the phone died. I still visit Shannon's myspace page once in a while too...

After thinking about Duece all day, and re-reading all the PMs and e-mails we exchanged, and watching the Dropzone.com Christmas Boogie DVDs, and recalling the several times we ended up dogging each other whilst plastered (and a few times when we weren't).......I just can't equate that guy with this action. I guess I was lucky in that I only ever saw the smiling, laughing, shit-talking upbeat side of him.

My two favorite Duece-isms (on women).....
"Always express an expert opinion on everything. Chicks dig that shit !" and "They like cards and flowers - I like sandwiches. Whatever." :)
I always told him I was amazed at his talent of making me look like a decent flyer, when it's about 100 miles from the truth. I always wanted to use this pic as my avatar, but he'd say I'd have to pay him a $0.25 royalty each time it appeared, and I'd reply that I just couldn't afford him. :)
Later, big guy.....you were a lot of fun, and you'll be sorely missed by so many here.

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I thought I'd wait a while beofre posting a reply, to give the folks who knew Deuce well to make their remarks.

I attended the 2003 Memorial Day Boogie at Perris, but I split the trip with Lodi, so I just missed a chance to meet Deuce because because he'd injured his ankle earlier and had left for the duration.

Sadly, I will now never get another chance in this life.

Fly free, Deuce. May you find the peace that eluded you here.

Regards,

mh

My name is Alex...and I'm an addict. This is something I have said countless times over the past 7 years...and at the very beginning it was one of the hardest. I am very open about my recovery around the dropzone, which is probably why JP reached out to me a couple weeks ago. He had made a decision to face his demons and try a new way of life. He asked for my number for support and I gladly gave it to him. He called that day to talk...and I missed the call because I was vacuuming and didn't hear...only to call him back 2 minutes later and hear his voicemail. I left him a voicemail that day and the next, hoping he was ok. I am torn up inside now knowing that he was not.

When I found out about this yesterday I hurt so much inside. JP and I were not super close, but we always enjoyed hanging around Byron and talking. I felt that I had not done enough to help, but I know that is not true. If we truly want recovery, we do everything we can to hold on to it. I will always miss JP. He reminds me that this disease of addiction wants me dead and miserable, and will do whatever it can to get me there.

If you are battling these demons, there is another way to live. It doesn't have to end this way.

JP, I will miss you and pray for you and your family. I will always remember you and be available to the newcomers.

My name is Alex...and I am an addict. Thank you for letting me share.

Hrmm, yeah JP was on of the Instructors on the AFF jump that I had to retest...jump three after a terrible spin on my first try and an awful landing in the weeds...anyway, he spent a good 20 minutes going over landings before the jump, probably the best help I had on that. When I went into yet another spin in the air he watched but didn't jump in "I saw you were fighting it and you didn't have crazy eyes,then you got it" guess it was the same with him at the end. shame I couldn't be there to return the favor.

Hey Guys I got an email from Corrine.... Perhaps I should just let her words convey her thoughts....

I just wanted to find a way to thank dropzone.com for posting the nice things about John to the forum. He was loved by so many, and he made a positive impact on so many people. I hope he can now see that he was really really loved and that he is a good person.

Jean, I enjoyed your visit here last year and thought you wouldn't mind me asking you to let the gang know that I appreciate all of their kind words. One more thing... the paper called John a Junior... he did not like being called Junior... His legal name is John Patrick Kelly II.... his favorite name was dad, his next favorite name was J.P. AKA Deuce.

I have to write his obiturary before noon tomorrow, so I am going to get some sleep soon. (hopefully) I believe that the funeral planning service, TraditionCare Funeral Services in Antioch CA, will have a place for people to post about John on their Web site: traditioncare.com I think that people involved in parts of John's life besides skydiving would enjoy reading about the love he received from his skydiving community. (They propably won't peek in the forum like I sometimes do).

i also need to send photos in for a slide show, and they need the photos by Monday. I've seen a lot on dropzone.com I'm not very computer savy, so I cant seem to copy them. I don't know if a savy computer person could create a link could be set somewhere for posting photos, but it would be helpful, and fun for Camille and Yvette to see the photos as an album later, when they are ready. They are taking this very hard, so am I.

Thanks Jean

Corinne Kelly

Lets all see if we cant help her out at this time... She needs our help. I know you and Iwan and the other Byron Boys have TONS of great pictures of DeuceDad.

Corrine... we are here for you if you need us.:(

Crying again[:/]

I'm so numb I just don't know what to say. Many of you don't know but I lost a husband to suicide, almost the same method JP used. The pain is intense and immeasureable and I am so so so sorry that Corrine and the girls are now experiencing it. Corrine if you need anything, even just an ear let me know, I've been through it.

JP was always so important to me and I love him unconditionally just as he loved every one of us. I am thankful for every time he made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants and for the times he made me cry because he wanted to be able to share the immense pain he endured at times. I'm so sorry it came to this.

JP be free now, the pain is gone. Watch out for Shannon though cause she's gonna kick your ass....

Love Rebekah

Although belated slightly, the law enforcement profession has claimed another kindred soul. Its a rough job that's rough on the people that do it. Physically and mentally it leaves large number of people that choose to try to make a difference in their society with a life that has been torn apart. Torn apart not just the hours and pressures of the job, but from the extreme mental stress and experiences that they are thrust into. That's why not many retire in it and many more take the same route that JP has, even years after getting out of the profession.

I hear this alot about NY and NJ cops. It's bad that the public always wants to hang you guys for every little mistake that you make. This is probably one of the reasons why cops get depressed along with like you had mentioned such as extreme mental stress from the pressures of the job.

For what it's worth, at least he served his duty in law enforcement while he was still alive. Thanks Deuce for protecting and serving your community!
What do protesters want? Dead cops! When do they want it? Every 2 weeks!

I just can't seem to find the words to express how I'm feeling.

JP was a good friend, and I was honored for him to call me "one of my bestest friends."

JP and I had plans to meet up for dinner on the 23rd of this month while I was out in Calif. visiting Lisa Briggs. I was so looking forward to having two of my closest friends in the same place. I'm kind of selfish like that.

So many fond memories of JP. Memories that will always stay in my heart forever.

I thought I read that the Memorial Service for JP was on the 24th, can some one start a thread with information for us out of towners that will be attending?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Memorial services will be held at the Holy Rosary church in Antioch, CA at 10A.M. Thursday 24 May. I do not know the address but will post it when I do.

Vic and Connie

I am just reposting this. I live about 15 minutes from Antioch, if any people are coming in from out of town, my house is your house, just let me know.

Thanks,
Iwan

Oh my God! I haven't been online for a few weeks. I just can't believe this or comprehend it.:(:(:(

Deuce was so incredibly good to me over the years...surprise, surprise, right?

The only thing I can think of to say right now is a quote from livendive when we lost Shannon. I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him.

"I want a do over."

Rest in peace my brother.:(

My prayers are with you and Corinne and the girls. Not to mention all your adoring fans.

Chris

To the friends of John Kelly, aka JP, aka Deuce:

I hear your cries.
I feel your pain.
I sense your anguish,
Your tears like rain.

Why did he do it?
What could I have done?
Oh God it hurts.
Why is he gone?

His pain as dark as the blackest night
His demons never giving up their fight.
The shadows deep within his heart
Constantly tearing his soul apart.

I do not know his painful depths
For that I thank the Lord
For I have only just begun to learn
To balance mine with His word.

But this I know to be true.
This I choose to share with you.
Our friend was with us many years.
Through the joy and through the tears.
Because of the light and love you chose to share
Because of the freedom he found in the air.

Please find peace in knowing well
You did your part to subdue his hell
Turn now to each other.
Hold your sister, hold your brother
Stand behind the girls he loved so well
Be there always so they may never fall.

In closing please know it’s more than words when I say, “I love you all.”

……and Peace and Blue Skies is more than a catchy slogan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!