RkyMtnHigh

Do you talk skydiving lingo outside of skydiving?

:D I catch myself giving 20, 15, 10 and 5 minute calls to go to a timely event...even a 2 minute call to exit:D DOOR!:ph34r:
My honey cracks me up because he says "are you ready?..." usually finished with "...to skydive?" and "ready, set, go...."

OMG..we are so conditioned like Pavlov's dog:D

:D I catch myself giving 20, 15, 10 and 5 minute calls to go to a timely event...even a 2 minute call to exit:D DOOR!:ph34r:
My honey cracks me up because he says "are you ready?..." usually finished with "...to skydive?" and "ready, set, go...."

Even as a newbie ...I say "cut away" quite often now:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Even as a newbie ...I say "cut away" quite often now:D

Oh yeah, I used to do that a lot..that was a dating/relationship saying.."just cutaway" meaning GTFO!

A friend of mine was telling me it was her first time at a card club, I immediately responded with...... Did you buy beer? She looked at me like I was crazy...... Wonder why?
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

a guy i work with just last week was having gf issues. She jsut plain treats him like crap....without even thinking about it i told him he need to cut away the relationship. I got the deer in the headlights look...so for the next 30 minutes i had to explain what a cutaway was...lol.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

a guy i work with just last week was having gf issues. She jsut plain treats him like crap....without even thinking about it i told him he need to cut away the relationship. I got the deer in the headlights look...so for the next 30 minutes i had to explain what a cutaway was...lol.

:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Vskydiver and I use it all the time, but we're both jumpers so . . . duh, it works. Try not to use it elsewhere 'cause it just causes confusion.

I remember one time some friends were doing some carpentry, measuring a board to trim it to length. Jim asked the other guy if the mark looked right and the other guy said "Cut away, Jim, cut away."

I didn't try explain to them the brief surge of fear those words gave me. They wouldn't have understood.:S:D

During a practice recently, I refered to a kid having a major malfunction.

LMAO!

I'm sorry...I just think that was really funny. :D
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

It's pretty limited, but I always refer to my son as "geeking the camera."

I've finally weaned myself of yelling "door" whenever it is opened - since we've installed a beeping alarm.

I don't say, "the Beer Light is On" anymore, though I do say, "Beer" for firsts.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I do find myself when someone says something about first screaming BEER!!. It's weird. If I'm in the car and hear it on the radio, I just kinda mumble Beer, but when someone at work says "I did this for the first time" I just hollar BEER and they all look goofified at me. I'm like, "What, I'm thirsty".

I also jump w/ a monkey first instead of a hacky, and on my keychain I have a monkey fist. I put the keychain in my back pocket and the monkey fist sits right out the top of my back pocket and about every minute or so if I'm walking or standing up and working, or when I think about it, I reach back and do like a lil mini throw, and then curse my stupidity...b/c I had horrible body position pre-deployment.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

As my 4-year-old daughter climbed into her car-seat and sat down yesterday, I said, fasten your chest strap.

Then, today when we got to daycare I unhooked her seat harness, looked at her and said, climb out.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

As my 4-year-old daughter climbed into her car-seat and sat down yesterday, I said, fasten your chest strap.

Then, today when we got to daycare I unhooked her seat harness, looked at her and said, climb out.

You didn't say "2 minutes!....EXIT! EXIT!":ph34r: