rehmwa

Recommend a good DVD ripping program?

I'd like to backup my movies to copy discs.

Don't know how, But I assume there's good programs out there for this (rip, resize, copy to writeable).

Any recommendations? What's cheap but effective?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

are you talking about your skydiving footage ? or something else here ? For bumping a lot of little clips or footage on to a dvd i use nero vision (non encrypted) which does a decent job which is a part of Nero premium:)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Hey,
Use DVD Shrink http://www.dvdshrink.org for your archive. If there are protections that DVD Shrink cannot get around... use DVD Fab http://www.dvdfab.com
Works for me:)

Those are EXACTLY the same two things I use. I used DVD Shrink 100's of times with no problem, when I finally did run into a disc it couldn't handle, I used DVD Fab.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I use dvd-decrypter to rip the VOBs to my hard disk, make sure you select IFO mode when ripping, and then I use Auto Gordian Knot to shrink the VOB to a .avi movie of about 800megs. This way I can fit 5 movies in one dvd, I am not too picky about the quality, so it works pretty damn good for me.

But what the other guys have said is much easier, if you don't feel like spending an hour messing with these two programs.:)

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

HEY!! >:( Who the hell let you outta Speaker's Corner?! :S

I thought we hid the keys better than that! :D

...and to answer your question, Joe has a ROCKIN' one that even rips all of the features, etc perfectly...but I don't know what it is. i'll hafta ask him. :)

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

DVDShrink is okay; CloneDVD is a good product too, with AnyDVD providing the DeCSS crack.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."