FlyinDawg

Do you accept for spay, neuter, and ADOPT THE PET?

I can't tell people enough times to spay/neuter there animals. I have put thousands of animal to sleep in my job because people are dumb asses. Most want to breed because they want there children to see the miracle of birth. Then I have to tell them that I will see the puppies in 8 weeks because they will not be able to find homes for them. 8 weeks later they come into the shelter with the puppies and the momma dog because they do not want to have her spayed. I have heard it all a thousand times. I hope that the California spay/netuer law passes.
I could go on and on about this subject, but I won't.

I once adopted a my dog 3 years ago. My dog had a bad experienced who were abused by ex-owner. Ex-owner were sentenced to 3 years for animal cruelty. My dog were afraid when I met him at shelter, somehow he already love and trusted me since I adopted him and never hurt him (either never hurt any animals) I'm extremely animal-lover. :)

Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

We just rescured a dog from mexico while we were there gettting married. In 2 months she has gained 1/2 o her weight, now is playful and barks - don't think she understood english for the first couple of weeks until we started speaking to her in spanish;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

They have a dog adoption program in our town that's 'privatly run' http://www.twyla.org/ by some really cool people...They've started a "PAL" prevent a litter program in which the owner pays 25.00 to neuter or spay and the organization pays the rest.B|

Us and many other families in the area 'foster' doggies that would otherwise be 'destroyed' until a home can be found for them, at times it can be quite a shuffle trying to even temporary place animals, hopefully the PAL program will lessen the burden.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Fuck no!

If us humans where kept as pets from our alien overlords, and could run around naked fucking eachother in the open, would you like it if the alien just came in one day and cut your balls off?:D

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Fuck no!

If us humans where kept as pets from our alien overlords, and could run around naked fucking eachother in the open, would you like it if the alien just came in one day and cut your balls off?:D

And just how many people would be put to sleep because they arnt cute anymore or xmas is over etc etc ?
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Fuck no!

And just how many people would be put to sleep because they arnt cute anymore or xmas is over etc etc ?

I can think of a FEW! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Fuck no!

I can think of a FEW! ;)

Yep so can I [:/]

Fuck no!

Nice call Chris:):ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I adopted Karma from a family who had a male Labrador come Knock up their female Catahoula leopard hound.

Karma was Spade (nutered) prior to even going through a heat cycle. I remember running into someone once and commenting that she had been fixed and this guy seemed shocked that I would have had her fixed without giving her the "opportunity" to have a litter...

I think its the responsible thing to do... the country is already overrun with dogs that are not wanted there's no reason for me to add to that... :)

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Ah, but that's consumerism for you, I want X product and I want it now!:|
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Most all of the pets we've had have been "fixed" and were adopted either from a shelter (in the case of the 2 Springer Spaniels we had) or from a friend. The Boys, Bart and Enzo, were both adopted from friends/neighbors and are neutered. And they are a ton of fun. Except when they tear holes in my waterbed. I'm shopping for a regular mattress. I'm getting tired of patching holes and won't even think of sending the Boys away!

Easy Does It

Fuck no!

Nice call Chris:):ph34r:

Your more blonde than ill ever be lmao

Infact right along these lines I have a foster dog right now from Shiba Rescue. Rescue got her out of the pound and I offered to foster her. She would have been put down last week. :(

There is NOTHING wrong with this dog, the owners just didnt want to deal with her, and dumped her at 8mo's :S If I can find a way to swing the adoption costs I will be keeping this lil one, as she is completely amazing. :)

If you are not going to breed responsibly, you need to spay/neuter the dog. Period.

MSIR (Midwest Shiba Inu Rescue) works with our area vet offices, and I will be taking this 15 pounds of pure joy in to be spayed either next week or week after, once I get her microchip in hand. These vets offer discounts to rescue organizations as well as local shelters and humane societies to make sure the dogs are being fixed.

I am too tired to get on soap box, but if you ever want to know what happens to those cute puppies fido popped out and you dumped off after the biology lesson....they is a good chance they might be dead. :| (not directed at OP, just a general message for those who dont understand why you should fix an animal)

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Karma was Spade (nutered) prior to even going through a heat cycle. I remember running into someone once and commenting that she had been fixed and this guy seemed shocked that I would have had her fixed without giving her the "opportunity" to have a litter...

If I remember correctly, spaying before the first estrus *dramatically* reduces the chances of mammary, uterine, and ovarian cancer...like 50 times (not percent).

Even with expensive dogs, I'm a fan of spay/neuter as soon as practicable. Leave the breeding to the professionals. You should not be trying to "recoup your investment" in the dog, and there's no moral duty to let a bitch experience motherhood...quite the contrary in my opinion.

As for adoption versus purchase. I'm not opposed to adoption, but have gone for purebreds with my last two dogs and will with my next as well. I want a dog with specific traits and am willing to handle some trade-offs better than others. I do not want a dog with a high prey drive. I do not want a dog that's excessively vocal. I do want a dog that's somewhat protective, but not overly so. I do want a dog that plays well with children and other animals. Tractability is nice, but I'll take a little obstinance if it comes with intelligence...I'm stubborn too, and assertive, and exceedingly patient. I don't care whether a dog has good tracking ability. I'm not a fan of long hair. I don't want a digger.

Strays are simply not predictable enough with this kind of list. I'd rather buy a dog with a healthy heritage and strong conformance from an established, reputable breeder, and then get it fixed. If everyone else would do this (and not let their dogs roam the neighborhood), the stray problem would take care of itself.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

This is Kimahri. I adopted him in 2003. His previous owner's dog had puppies and he tried to smash the pups skull's in. Two survived. Kimahri has a ridge on his head where his skull healed together funny and he has seizures from it but he's still a fantastic dog. This dog literally saved my life. He took my ex husband down by the throat to keep him from killing me. So yes, I really really agree with adopting pets.
I'm the twist that turns your key....

I'm all for spaying and neutering, and I grew up with an adopted doggie. :)
I've discussed it in length in another thread quite some time ago, but due to our family situation, we will need to get the next one from a breeder as this one will be a 'working dog'.

We tried adoption and after 3 days and having to return the darling dog to its previous owners (no pound; the owners were searching themselves for a new home) it just isn't going to work out for such a specialized animal. [:/]

Perhaps in the future. :)

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.