FlyinDawg

Do you accept for spay, neuter, and ADOPT THE PET?

Infact right along these lines I have a foster dog right now from Shiba Rescue. Rescue got her out of the pound and I offered to foster her. She would have been put down last week. :(

There is NOTHING wrong with this dog, the owners just didnt want to deal with her, and dumped her at 8mo's :S If I can find a way to swing the adoption costs I will be keeping this lil one, as she is completely amazing. :)

If you are not going to breed responsibly, you need to spay/neuter the dog. Period.

MSIR (Midwest Shiba Inu Rescue) works with our area vet offices, and I will be taking this 15 pounds of pure joy in to be spayed either next week or week after, once I get her microchip in hand. These vets offer discounts to rescue organizations as well as local shelters and humane societies to make sure the dogs are being fixed.

I am too tired to get on soap box, but if you ever want to know what happens to those cute puppies fido popped out and you dumped off after the biology lesson....they is a good chance they might be dead. :| (not directed at OP, just a general message for those who dont understand why you should fix an animal)

We have a shiba....they are quite independant and love to run if they get a chance to be off the leash, but we love her to pieces and would never give her up. That is so awesome that you are fostering her.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

We fostered a Great Pyrenees (Scoobie) for a year before we could get him placed...kinda the same thing, someone had dropped him off at a groomers and never picked him up...left town! >:(

Poor guy was caged at the groomers for a month or two, was going to be put down.

What a wonderful guy he was, now with a great family...they send us X-mas pics of Scoob and their kids every year! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:D

I am a clean FREAK in my own home (dirt & chaos doesn't bother me at all in anyone else's home though).

For some reason, though--my furry babies can do NO wrong. I recently sent an e-mail to friend's and family titled "Sabre's custom furniture designs"..."Price upon request"...then included a picture of the side of our new couch & of course, a photo of "the artist". My friends & family, especially my grandparent's LOVE getting my stories.

Thank goodness I bought the $5k couch for only $500.B| We have nice furniture, but none of it did I spend a penny on. All hand-me-downs, gifts & Billy's mom happens to LOVE estate sales.:D I don't think I ever could spend a pretty penny on furniture anyways. The only thing in our house off-limits to the animals is my closet. And even that is not always off limits. I've found Sabre dangling from a silk-woven sweater. And when we adopted Cruz the first thing he did was put my very pricey brown leather platform in his mouth.:D:P Just when I think I care about my things, Sabre, Cruz or Zoe' will look so cute and innocent destroying them and I can't help but laugh. I can't remember ever being upset over anything they've destroyed.

Having said all that, though. I think we're VERY lucky. Cruz sticks to chewing on his nyla bones. Sabre--most of the time---sticks to scratching on his post. If it weren't for some toys scattered about the floor, a dog bed or cat house in the corner of one room, you wouldn't even know we had three, very precious & spoiled animals.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Excellent idea! We wanted new carpet in all the bedrooms and decided to wait until after we adopted Cruz. He only pottied on the old carpet three times (and a couple times on the tile--but that's an easy fix) before he learned he should go outside. He's never gone inside again since.B| And so six months after we adopted Cruz we finally got our new carpet.:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I would like to see if anyone accept for or against spay, neuter, and ADOPT THE PET?

You know, I hadn't even thought about the issue, but I always did want a dog (I would have had him nuetered). But now that you have brought this to my attention I will take a look at the animal shelter instead of a breeder when I go for a pooch.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.