LisaM

Cat food HELP

OK, a serious answer just in case you really are stressing out over this. Don't stress it if you've already opened it, its just fine. Yes, they do tend to formulate cat food for different phases of their life, but what you bought is just fine for now and won't harm your cats. (As long as there isn't any toxic chinese wheat gluten or bits of melamine or whatever.....:S) Just call your animal hospital and ask what they suggest and any brands or types you should stay away from and keep that in mind next time you are at the store. There is no reason to return or throw away the food that you bought.

For years I fed ALL of my cats (even young kittens) a prescription Kidney (low protein) diet that only one of them needed. It was too hard to feed different kinds of food, and I checked with my vet. It was more important for my older cat to have the special food and NOT the high protein kitten food than it was for the kittens to have the kitten food. (and in case you haven't noticed, ALL cats love kitten food!) I'd sneak them a LITTLE kitten food when I could keep it away from the older guy, but the main diet was the same for everyone. I raised 3 kittens like that and they are all now healthy adult cats.

Now that I no longer have the older kidney patient, my 3 cats are eating a Royal Canin food designed for young adult neutered male cats- up to 7 years old. Only 2 of them fall into that category, but they all seem to be doing well on the food. I made that choice because the middle guy is a big cat, and he's borderline chubby. This food is supposed to be better for him. Who really knows? A steady diet of mice, birds and grass is probably what they all really need but that's just not going to happen here!:P

Oh, and I've never had much luck with any of the science diet foods. My cats have always preferred Iams and Royal canin. They have to be really hungry to eat the science diet foods.

Please return to posting the cute kitty pictures now!:)

My monster eats Premium Edge. It's the least crappy of the crappy foods out there...before you get into the $60 for a bag of cat food nonsense. He seems quite happy and his coat looks a lot better since I switched him to it a year ago from chef's blend or some other such crud.

OMG! Those are some butt ugly cats! :o It's a good thing I waited until today to look at that, or I probably would've had nightmares. ;)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I used to really like Royal Canin's Persian formula for my persian, but have switch to blue buffalo for all my pets. Which they all love the taste of more.

Here is a good website to research pet foods that have nothing to do with manufacturers or vets(which sometimes have deals with food manufacturers and have to recommend that food). It is on dog food, but I figure if the dog food gets a high rating their cat food should do well as well.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/
Fly it like you stole it!