BillyVance

757 landing approach at Tegucigalpa, Honduras - yikes!!!

http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/05/23/landing-airplane-close-up/

Holy Shit!!! :o:o:o

Those pilots have got monster balls in their pants! :ph34r:

Keep reading below the video... somebody says something about a 200 foot cliff at the end of the runway on the far end. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That's exactly how I remember landing there (but in a 727)...
I was sitting on the left side looking at the runway.
Yes, there is a cliff at the end of the runway.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Makes ORD, EWR or ATL look like a walk in the park! :ph34r:Nice video!

The most interesting approaches I've ever had while in a jetliner was at San Francisco and Kahului on Maui. San Francisco, you think you're going to hit the water then at the last second you see the runway and then touchdown! It's almost like that at Maui too, but I got to watch cars driving on the world famous road to Hana on final approach. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

try thailand they have a gate the closes when you land so the motor vehicles stop
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

...San Francisco, you think you're going to hit the water then at the last second you see the runway and then touchdown! :D

Ditto for runways 32 and 33 at Boston Logan...

Got the same visual flying into Oakland this past week as well. Thought the plane was going swimming there for a moment!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Same with Gibraltar, actual anetrance road to the city after customs check point closes completely. I was told it's the shortest commercial runaway in the world. Landing planes look like they are going to hook yachts' masts on landing :D. No to mention that sudden urge to tuck and roll out of the plane just in case.

Same with Gibraltar, actual anetrance road to the city after customs check point closes completely. I was told it's the shortest commercial runaway in the world. Landing planes look like they are going to hook yachts' masts on landing :D. No to mention that sudden urge to tuck and roll out of the plane just in case.

I looked it up on maquest... runway appears to be about 4000 feet long. Not even a mile! :S