skydiverbry

Anybody else not jumpimg?

:( Havent jumped since last year shortly after losing a friend to the sky. I have been struggling to get myself back up there...but am scared to go back and face the music. Not sure if I am ready to spill the beans about why I have been away for so long to everyone and have to relive it all right now. Guess what I am saying is I am unsure of the support system I may have at my dz. :(
"A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

Raining here...ARK is almost completed...looking for a male Unicorn! ;)

are you sure that ark is still where you parked it?

"'Noah's Ark' of 5,000 rare animals found floating off the coast of China"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,,2088589,00.html

And I havent jumped since last fall myself. $$ is tight with a 7 mo old, but well worth it. Hope to be in the air at least a handful of times this summer tho'.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

:( I am unsure of the support system I may have at my dz. :(

sorry for the double post, but this struck a nerve with me.

Might be time to find a new DZ (if possible). IMHO, the "right" DZ is 75% vibe. I have been to quite a few DZs (nowhere near the numbers alot of you have) and found there is a huge swing in chemistry.

I found DZs that I personally would LOVE to jump at if they were closer, and others I wish were farther away they are so bad. You need to jump where you feel welcome and have more than freinds and people willing to tolerate jumping with you; you need to find a second family.

But I'd at least try to feel out your current DZ. They very possibly could be more receptive than you think.

Of course you are always welcome to discuss here, I have found this to be a great support system. Nowhere near the "Wreck".
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I haven't jumped since October '05. Buying a house and lack of motivation are to blame. Sometimes I think I was just another tourist in an unforgiving sport but I still have my rig, I still dream about jumping and I still have those times where I miss the DZ and wish I could just hop in my car for a couple of jumps. Then I remember my cypres is 6 years old without a four year check and my reserve is waay out of date.

They say timing is everything.

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM