Broke

Some people just sicken me

Story by nbc5.com

CHICAGO --

Emergency crews revived a newborn baby boy Wednesday night after finding him in a garbage bag in a closet of a West Side home.

Crews were called about 6 p.m. to a home in the 4900 block of West Cortez Street, where they found a woman bleeding, according to a Chicago Fire Department release.

Medics thought the woman might have suffered a miscarriage, but the woman denied being pregnant. The woman was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, the release said.

About an hour later, the woman admitted that she had been pregnant and that she delivered a child. She refused to tell what she had done with the baby or if it was alive, the release said.

Firefighters returned to the home on West Cortez Street, searched the residence and found a garbage bag that was tightly tied in a closet. Crews removed the bag and found it contained an unresponsive newborn baby boy, the release said.

Crew members started specialized CPR for infants after they discovered the boy was still warm. After a few breaths the child started breathing and regained color. The boy achieved a strong pulse and was rushed to West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park, where he was stabilized. The boy was then transferred to Children’s Memorial Hospital, the release said.

According to the release, the boy was in the tied garbage bag for about an hour. His color and condition indicated that he would have died in very short time, if crews had not found and resuscitated him. The boy is doing well, according to the release.

Copyright 2007, Sun-Times News Group

http://emsresponder.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=5446
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

"After you've been doing what I've been doing for a while, you recognize that sound of an automobile hitting something," the 42-year-old fire department captain said.

St. Pere ran barefoot into the road and saw a child's bicycle under the wheels of a pickup truck. She and her 16-year-old son raced down the road.

The pickup truck driver was already gone when she reached the little girl who had been knocked off her bike.

http://emsresponder.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=5413
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Yet another woman in Texas murders two of her children by hanging them and a 8 month old and kills herself the same way. The 8 month old survived only because an aunt showed up to find out why her sister didn't show up for work. Another few minutes and it would have been too late.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I will never understand how someone could do that.

Right, because you didn't get pregnant at 15, you didn't have a father who was going to beat/abuse/disown you because you got pregnant, you didn't have a "boyfriend" who refused to have anything to do with you when you got pregnant leaving you to deal with it all by yourself...

You have no idea what that girl was dealing with. Judging her without knowing all the circumstances is wrong - heck, judging her at all isn't exactly the "christian" thing to do, is it?

I will never understand how someone could do that. Its simple, if you don't wanna take care of a baby...keep your legs shut.Mad

Either that or put the baby up for adoption. There are plenty of people out there who want children but can't have them for one reason or another. At least give the child some kind of chance. They didn't chose to be born but the mother chose to have unprotected sex. (With the exception of rape and such cases.)

I will never understand how someone could do that. Its simple, if you don't wanna take care of a baby...keep your legs shut.>:(

But guys are so convincing.

Or is it that esteem is so low?

hmmm.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm with skybytch on this one

Yeah its pretty fucking awful, but for a new mother to go against one of the most basic survival of the species instincts- protect and nurture your young does suggest all might not be right in her world. I feel pity and sadness for her, not anger.

Or should we string her up?
but what do I know

But now adays you don't have to do this.... adoption has become so popular. I'm all for pro-choice too, which is also an easy out earlier in the pregnancy. Hell, even a 16 year old can go get it done without anybody knowing. So, yes, maybe this woman was scared and maybe her world wasn't right. No, I don't know all of the in's and out's of her situation and I shouldn't judge what I am ignorant on, but there are just so many other options now adays that when something does happen like this, it's hard to not blame them because they had outs to choose from but they did this for some reason. [:/]

Either way.... judging or no judging; murder is murder no matter what your situation is or how screwed up you are.

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Story by nbc5.com

CHICAGO --

Emergency crews revived a newborn baby boy Wednesday night after finding him in a garbage bag in a closet of a West Side home.

Crews were called about 6 p.m. to a home in the 4900 block of West Cortez Street, where they found a woman bleeding, according to a Chicago Fire Department release.

Medics thought the woman might have suffered a miscarriage, but the woman denied being pregnant. The woman was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, the release said.

About an hour later, the woman admitted that she had been pregnant and that she delivered a child. She refused to tell what she had done with the baby or if it was alive, the release said.

Firefighters returned to the home on West Cortez Street, searched the residence and found a garbage bag that was tightly tied in a closet. Crews removed the bag and found it contained an unresponsive newborn baby boy, the release said.

Crew members started specialized CPR for infants after they discovered the boy was still warm. After a few breaths the child started breathing and regained color. The boy achieved a strong pulse and was rushed to West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park, where he was stabilized. The boy was then transferred to Children’s Memorial Hospital, the release said.

According to the release, the boy was in the tied garbage bag for about an hour. His color and condition indicated that he would have died in very short time, if crews had not found and resuscitated him. The boy is doing well, according to the release.

Prayers for this child in finding a good home. And for the mom to get back on the right track. No judgment.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Prayers for this child in finding a good home. And for the mom to get back on the right track. No judgment.
Nice post:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think I'm more commenting on previous posters judgement of this woman, rather than trying to excuse her actions.

Infanticide has to be one of the most horrific crimes there is so I can understand peoples extreme reactions, but after reading she should 'burn in hell" I had to post.

Lets not get into a pro-life / choice debate...
but what do I know

Right, because you didn't get pregnant at 15, you didn't have a father who was going to beat/abuse/disown you because you got pregnant, you didn't have a "boyfriend" who refused to have anything to do with you when you got pregnant leaving you to deal with it all by yourself...

The wrongs of others do not mitigate her responsibility to not act like an animal.

***You have no idea what that girl was dealing with. Judging her without knowing all the circumstances is wrong - heck, judging her at all isn't exactly the "christian" thing to do, is it?

I'm not a practicing christian but I am disgusted by what this woman did. She could have gone for an abortion, she could have put it up for adoption. Yes as a society we do have the right to offer judgement of others. Put yourself in their shoes perhaps, to see if somehow things like this can be avoided in the future; but do not say that because her dad is a dick and her boyfreind a deadbeat that this mitigates her responsibility to not take a defenceless newborn, tie it in a plastic bag, and leave it in a garbage dumpster in the cold.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Lets not get into a pro-life / choice debate...

we are 9 months too late for that discussion, now its (attempted) murder.

As a new father myself, I cant imagine how f'd up you have to be to do that.

I think she deserves a special place in hell, if for nothing more than the obstructionist attitude she took when they tried to find out where the baby was. Ok, you had a kid and put it in a garbage bag, then got caught. Game over, thanks for playing. Tell the authorities where the baby is so he can live out his life with someone who desparately wants to love the child (any child for that matter).

sorry its not more eloquent, I find it hard to find words when blinded rage over the stupidity of others.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!