RandomLemming

JSC and DZ.com - the perfect combo

We got back from South Africa about a week ago, but it's been that kind of week, so I've not had time to post here :)

I planned a trip (or 2) to JSC to get some jumps in while I was out there, and Tonto on here was beyond helpful in setting everything up for me.

It was really awesome to show up 9000 kms from home and have people to jump with and fun to have.

JSC is definitely in my top 2 dropzones that I've been at to date. Organised, friendly, lots and lots of bugger all to land on, brilliant packers and a nice sized TV to watch SA put two teams into the Super 14 finals (lets not go into what happened in the final!)

The only thing that bugged me slightly was the altitude - my docile 190 was a bit more exciting than I'm used to, but I got the hang of that after about 3 jumps.

If you're heading out to that part of the world, it's a well recommended DZ!

Just whatever you do, try to avoid the cops. DZ.com was helpful for the jump part of the vacation, but I found myself really wishing for a 'dealingwithreallystupidandabusivecops.com' resource towards the end.

I've been trying to get to S.Africa since I started jumping.

LAke wales used to sponsor a skydive safari. by the tiem I had enough jumps/Money they had stopped doing it.[:/]

Some day I will get to that country and jump;)

My photos

My Videos

Hey Wayne,

Glad you had an awesome time! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Nic my sweet swiss fishy, hurry home! Jtval, you are always welcome!

South Africa has some rocking DZ's but JSC is the BEST

;)

Blue skies

Sheri

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

South Africa has some rocking DZ's but JSC is the BEST

Ok but like, how about the really cool and friendly people from PSC? :$:P

ROTFLMAO ..... :ph34r: You go me there, that was some funny stuff!!!!

Ok, now back to being serious, SA has some great DZ, and in general you'll be treated like family, maybe sometimes like the cousin no one likes, but thats better than nothing ... LOL