christoofar

Damn... I think i found something scarier than skydiving...

I'll tell ya whats scary, a beard of bees.

Dayum! :D

When I was new into skydiving (and going through the phase where you try to get whuffo friends into it)... the one thing the whuffos who have done the bungee would go into detail what it was like.

I'm like... yeah-huh... Mmmkay. :P

Bungee gives me the heebie jeebies. I will never do it in my life. I'm sorry I'm skeered! [:/]B|:S

Ill tell you whats more scarier.. do 145mph down an interstate totally fuckin hammered..

yeah cause getting a phone call at 4:30am to find out a fuckin drunk just killed my sister is fun for everyone.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill tell you whats more scarier.. do 145mph down an interstate totally fuckin hammered..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's fucked up dude...............you are a fuck.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Bungee gives me the heebie jeebies. I will never do it in my life. I'm sorry I'm skeered! [:/]B|:S

Can't blame you. You have no idea what kind of condition those bundles are in, and how well they are maintained. If they miscalculate your weight...:o

At least with skydiving there are more factors under your direct control; namely the equipment. You can inspect every bit of it, and what you don't know or are uncertain about you can ask a rigger. Those bungee operators have no licensing that I know of, and they only inspect that stuff when they feel like it. I grant you that killing your clients is bad for business, but human nature being what it is...

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I'll tell ya whats scary, a beard of bees.

Dayum! :D

When I was new into skydiving (and going through the phase where you try to get whuffo friends into it)... the one thing the whuffos who have done the bungee would go into detail what it was like.

I'm like... yeah-huh... Mmmkay. :P

I've done 17 bungees, it gets pretty boring after about 4 or 5. Its lame because its so very limited. Hmm, lets see, should I go forwards, or go backwards this time. Both jumps have a completely different experience, but again, once you've done them, thats it.

Still, if while traveling there is a nice bungee site, I'll go for it. I want to do the Golden Eye jump off the dam in Sweden.

At first, I was wondering why they were doing it in the rain, but then as they were sliding on their blades, it became apparent to me.

That's pretty cool stuff!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Can't blame you. You have no idea what kind of condition those bundles are in, and how well they are maintained. If they miscalculate your weight...:o

At least with skydiving there are more factors under your direct control; namely the equipment. You can inspect every bit of it, and what you don't know or are uncertain about you can ask a rigger. Those bungee operators have no licensing that I know of, and they only inspect that stuff when they feel like it. I grant you that killing your clients is bad for business, but human nature being what it is...

mh

I've sat down and tried to explain it at the DZ before many moons ago... as to why my fear of bungee jumping isn't conquerable.

I think it has mostly to do with being so close to the ground, and my trust level is really low [are the dipshits who operate these things certified in anything? is there EVEN a cert. or standard for the equipment? [:/] ]

In skydiving problems can happen mid-jump and you have time alloted to make corrections. Bungee? No.

I also have had one frightening experience on an antenna tower (was maintaining it... not BASE) and add in the Faces of Death videos of bungee gone wrong... I really, really can't do it.

Because I can't get past this fear, I would never do BASE either. :|

I've also had one mal (which was me) where my shoulder was pulled out of socket and I was jumping a rig with NO-AAD. I was screaming like a banshee when I figured out what was wrong and I was trying to fix it [I still know how to do one-handed landings!! :) ], but it didn't stop me from wanting to jump again.

I think you're right... knowing a lot about the sport and the equipment and your passion to do it is what overrides the fear to allow you to jump.

You must be the coolest most dangerous person in the WHOLE WORLD! I bet women just line up to touch your shoes when you pose like this.

How many seconds in a bar does it take before you tell a girl you actually "JUMP FROM AIRPLANES"? really, 3 seconds, maybe 7?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

At first, I was wondering why they were doing it in the rain, but then as they were sliding on their blades, it became apparent to me.

That's pretty cool stuff!

I've had the misfortune to get caught in a downpour a couple times while rollerblading. The effect is no traction whatsoever. I'm amazed they can even remain upright.:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

mh

I've sat down and tried to explain it at the DZ before many moons ago... as to why my fear of bungee jumping isn't conquerable.

I think it has mostly to do with being so close to the ground, and my trust level is really low [are the dipshits who operate these things certified in anything? is there EVEN a cert. or standard for the equipment? [:/] ]

In skydiving problems can happen mid-jump and you have time alloted to make corrections. Bungee? No.

I also have had one frightening experience on an antenna tower (was maintaining it... not BASE) and add in the Faces of Death videos of bungee gone wrong... I really, really can't do it.

Because I can't get past this fear, I would never do BASE either. :|

I've also had one mal (which was me) where my shoulder was pulled out of socket and I was jumping a rig with NO-AAD. I was screaming like a banshee when I figured out what was wrong and I was trying to fix it [I still know how to do one-handed landings!! :) ], but it didn't stop me from wanting to jump again.

I think you're right... knowing a lot about the sport and the equipment and your passion to do it is what overrides the fear to allow you to jump.

I think the only place that actually has some sort of 'bungee certification' is New Zealand. Other then that who knows...?:P