prepheckt

Pink Floyd- conversations with Greg Gasson

So there I was, driving with Greg, and the subject turns to Pink Floyd, and I mention that I have never heard Pink Floyd's music before. Greg declares this statement heresy of the highest order, declares that I have lived under a rock and then proceeds to play "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2". He asks me if I have heard this song before. I have to reply that I haven't. Do you concur with Greg? Should I have heard of this "timeless classic" as Greg so eloquently put it??
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Greg declares this statement heresy of the highest order...... Do you concur with Greg? Should I have heard of this "timeless classic" as Greg so eloquently put it??

An even higher order, if it exists.

I can't believe I've actually met and jumped with someone who's never listened to Floyd. You should have told me some stories about growing up in that wolf-pack in northern Siberia....I like wolves. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Dude, you REALLY need to get out more. Be glad you wern't driving with me, as your head would still be lodged in the dash board from me slamming on the brakes when you said you'd never heard of PF before.:D

I always knew there was something not quite right about you boy:P:D

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

As you are a student then I will assume you are young and then we can all forgive you for being naive.

You should watch 'The Wall' which is a movie that the song you listened to seems to be the anthem for.

You will have to watch it many times to understand it unless you watch it wiht a PF buff.

They are up there as one of my all time favorite bands.

Anything after 'Shine on you crazy diamond' is pretty crap though, I like the twisted 'See Emily play/Syd Barret' stuff, but unfortunately he went crazy!

I've got a bike you can ride it if you like, It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

:D:D:D

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Yes, you totally should have heard that song before. What do you normally listen to?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I dare you to mention your Pink Floyd virginity to your classmates at the academy (if your profile is up to date)....Greg's statement was correct....not only correct, but super correct...mega-correct...ultra correct...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Ok, I am ripping you a CD tonight when I get home from drill. You will have to stop by and get it tomorrow from my desk. That is an order...:S

The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Born in '68 I was raised on psych rock. Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Doobie Bros, Phish, The Doors, Grand Funk Railroad...

Strawberry Alarm Clock Incense and Peppermints was #1 the day I was born.

But out of all the classic 60s-70s music... Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon stayed high on the charts for years.

You HAD to have heard 'Money', 'Time', or SOMETHING unless that was a pretty big rock.

:)
:)
Blue Skies,

:o Awww geeziz, man!!! Somebody call 911, get this dude to a doctor asap...check for a pulse, are his eyes glazed over!?! WTF is goin' on here!?!!!

If it weren't for Floyd, the world woulda' ended in '73!!! The aliens are only lettin' us live, 'coz they're waitin' for a new PF release! Holy crap, everybody knows that!!!

Granted, most people may not familiar with the album Echoes with song lines like "One of these days im gonna cut you into little pieces" But you have heard Floyd music... you just don't know it, it's everywhere- in the supermarket, the auto parts store, the laundromat-Every time you hear change dropping its in the song "Money".

"there's no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact it's all dark"
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415