crashintou

any snake experts?

Is that a corn snake?

Shucks, I don't know. But there may be a kernel of truth in that observation. Did the snake try to hide when you saw it or did it stalk you?

Dang, who called for a comedian this early in the morning?! :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I can't be positive with that photo but for the location it is more likely to be a milksnake. If it is a corn, it is an escaped pet.

You'd be surprised how many people release their pet snakes when they get bored with them. I have a snake now that I adopted from a reptile rescue that was probably dumped by the owner. It was found sunning on someone's driveway, and ball pythons are not native to PA B|

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I can't be positive with that photo but for the location it is more likely to be a milksnake. If it is a corn, it is an escaped pet.

You'd be surprised how many people release their pet snakes when they get bored with them. I have a snake now that I adopted from a reptile rescue that was probably dumped by the owner. It was found sunning on someone's driveway, and ball pythons are not native to PA B|

Kudos to you for taking him in:)
Actually, I would not be surprised. That is a sore spot with me, people dumping animals once they don't feel like caring for them anymore.
They have quite an issue with Burmese Pythons in Florida for this reason.

Actually, I would not be surprised. That is a sore spot with me, people dumping animals once they don't feel like caring for them anymore.
They have quite an issue with Burmese Pythons in Florida for this reason.

It pisses me off too, which is why all my animals are rescues. Lucy is a really sweet snake, wonderful to handle. I can't imagine why someone would abandon her. I took care of a Burmese all through college, he was the bio department mascot. That's what got me started with snakes. I'd love to rescue one but my husband vetoed having a snake that large in the house. Maybe someday.... It took me 2 years to convince him to accept a ball python.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Looks like a corn snake to me. Otherwise, it might be a king snake...neither of which is venemous.

Might even be a hog-nosed snake if it's got a "turned-up" snout. Characteristic behavior of a hog nosed snake is mimicking venemous snakes. If it rears up and puffs out its skin around its head like a cobra hood, then it's definitely a hog-nosed. Not venemous either. Just a big faker. ;)

Otherwise, your local naturalist might be able to help you identify it.

Also, it could be someone's escaped pet...:S

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

Might even be a hog-nosed snake if it's got a "turned-up" snout. Characteristic behavior of a hog nosed snake is mimicking venemous snakes. If it rears up and puffs out its skin around its head like a cobra hood, then it's definitely a hog-nosed. Not venemous either. Just a big faker. ;)

Actually Hognose are venemous, but not harmful to humans as they dont bite defensively. They are rear fanged and have a primitive mild venom, only dangerous if you are a toad or allergic to it.

I let him be as I'm sure my cat would have found "a moving string" very amusing.

I actually found our neighbor's cat on my front porch, playing with a "moving string" he had found (probably in our bushes). He was lucky. It wasn't a rattlesnake. (We have a lot of those in the area. I live close a spot we call "Rattlesnake Hill.")
TPM Sister #102