sangiro

Related Sports Forums

With the number of pilots around here I think a "Pilots Lounge" type forum would be a good addition.

Hooray! That's a perfect name for it, too! 'Pilot's Lounge'. :)

I think that would be a neat forum to see here...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

My picks in the poll matches the popular choices... Anything related to flying through the air by however means would be worth including on this website.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

With the number of pilots around here I think a "Pilots Lounge" type forum would be a good addition.

Here's another vote for a Pilot's Lounge.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

There's a nice forum for paragliding at http://www.paraglidingforum.com/. Can we try to merge with them? Their thread organization looks to be similar with ours (General Discution/Safty & incidents, etc). Maybe they'll lern about the 3ring system and about the CReW lines and in the future we can have paragliders ready for CReW. Imagine CReW for 30 min. And we can learn a lot about micrometeorology. Just an idea :P

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

Maybe they'll lern about the 3ring system and about the CReW lines and in the future we can have paragliders ready for CReW.

They already do that.

There's some fucking sick video of Pg downplanes and shit out there.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Here's another vote for a Pilot's Lounge.

Blues,
Dave
i vote for the pilots lounge to
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

I voted for paragliding and Ground launching.

I also think a pilots forum is a good idea. plenty of us do not get to talk to the pilots at the local DZ as they have a hemorrhoid ring under their ass and never leave the aircraft.
:D
they can answer some very good questions.

You will find that ground launching is a discipline of skydiving and Paragliding and is actually now referred to as Speed Flying to define it from regular paragliding.

Paraglider companies have developed (or should i say Undevolped) their wings to 9 cells for the use of soaring in strong winds and flying much faster than they could previously.

This new discipline will entice paragliders to start skydiving and in particular SWOOPING (did you hear that out there in AZ) as they will want to go even faster by initiating speed from a high performance approach.

There are many many more paragliders than skydivers so I feel our sport will get a boost from this new way of thinking.

A paragliding forum should suffice and speed flying could be included in that.

Thanks for the great website. keep the good work up!

blue skies,

Rhyso

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I put in motorsports, because it was the closest thing i could find....It seems like a LOT of skydivers own motorcycles, ride motorcycles, and are generally interested in motorcycling.

I also second the pilot forum idea!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I voted for paragliding and Ground launching.

I also think a pilots forum is a good idea. plenty of us do not get to talk to the pilots at the local DZ as they have a hemorrhoid ring under their ass and never leave the aircraft.
:D
they can answer some very good questions.

You will find that ground launching is a discipline of skydiving and Paragliding and is actually now referred to as Speed Flying to define it from regular paragliding.

Paraglider companies have developed (or should i say Undevolped) their wings to 9 cells for the use of soaring in strong winds and flying much faster than they could previously.

This new discipline will entice paragliders to start skydiving and in particular SWOOPING (did you hear that out there in AZ) as they will want to go even faster by initiating speed from a high performance approach.

There are many many more paragliders than skydivers so I feel our sport will get a boost from this new way of thinking.

A paragliding forum should suffice and speed flying could be included in that.

Thanks for the great website. keep the good work up!

blue skies,

Rhyso

its not illegal to swoop in az
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

While I do a few of the other sports, I don't really think that there is enough of a relationship to include them on this site.

In fact, I can see an occasion where (example) mountain-bike enthusiasts find their forum and leak over into the skydiving forums. Total whuffo comments are a nuisance.

Unrelated forums would create clutter.

Creating a similar site for the other sports may be unfeasible financially. There is already a large number of sites for Scuba, cycling, etc. It may get lost in the forest.

? how long before the decision is made

I plan on making my decision in the very near future. It is a very important decision that needs to be made, thus it is going to take a little time and a lot of thought.

In the meantime please go HERE to read up on other important changes that will be taking place.