LisaM

Driving Drunk

There is a coworker here trying to tell me it's ok to drive drurk as long as you don't kill anyone.

Sadly, a lot of people drink and drive. With some, you can't even tell if they had drink by looking at them or seeing the way they drive. Unfortunately, not a lot of people are responsible enough to know when they shouldn't go behind the wheel.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

Playing Devil's Advocate here however - how many hypocrites are out there? Its been shown in multiple studies that talking on a cell phone while driving (even hands-free) is about as dangerous as driving at a level of .08? How many people think that everyone should be tossed in jail for talking on the cell phone while driving - even if they don't cause an accident?

Very valid point and I was waiting for this to be brought up. We now have the "hands free only" law and it's an improvement, but you are right in that I still drive different.

But cell pones are relatively new compared to drinking and driving. Give it time and it will be completely banned as well. Depends on how bad things get.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Driving Drunk is Never OK and one of the most stupid things anyone can do.

That said.. "Technically" drunk mean a BAC of .08. For the VAST majority of people in the world, That means 2 Beers.

Two beers will get a 180 pound guy to .04%; getting to .08 would take four beers in a row.

2 beers will get lighter people to the .05% driving-while-ability-impaired charge in Colorado.

Not sure where you are gettig your informationm but the Official California DMV website says 2 Beers for a 100 LB person is definately DUI.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs72duichart.htm

I also know for an absolute fact that 150lb (At that time) ass got pulled over many years ago after splitting 1 small pitcher of beer with 2 other people (I had exactly 2 beers out of it and Blew a .08. At that time it was Officers discression and they let me go.