EddieJ710

Sabre2 150 in an I3?

Anybody think a Sabre2 150 would fit into an I3 from Aerodyne? I know the website says an Aerodyne 132 is the biggest but several very experienced jumpers that jump Aerodyne stuff says it will. I'm a pretty experienced packer with somewhere around 5-6,000 packjobs and I know I can get those little bastards pretty small. Any thoughts?

I'm no where near an experienced packer but I jump a pilot 150 and a I4 and that damn bag just seems soooooo small. I've had quite a few experienced packers that have packed for me (to include a master rigger) and they said the same thing.

Hell, I even had the company check the bag to make sure it was an I4 bag.

If you do it...good luck, its going to be VERY tight.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

but several very experienced jumpers ......... I'm a pretty experienced packer....... Any thoughts?

Yea, I think Aerodyne is more experienced then you and those several jumpers. There is usually a reason they say a container is only good for such and such a canopy.:S

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I've got an I4 and can get the Pilot 150 in there without a care in the world.

As for the I3...
Maybe using a 150/I4 bag, and then ramming it into an I3? That way it's easy to bag (into it's correctly sized bag) - hard bit done, and then sitting on it for a few minutes to get all the air out before container-ing it.

On the other hand, the I4 takes 120-150, iirc, so that's the one you're really after. Even if the I3 goes, you'll hate packing it.

I

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

I've got an I3 with a Hornet 135 and loads of room leftover.

Wouldn't recommend using a bigger bag than the container's made for - canopy fabric expands to fit the space available and so it'll be much harder for the bag to lift out of the container, risking hesitations or even pilot chute in tow (container open) - not nice as it'll probably go nowhere when you chop it and then release when it gets space to do so as the reserve's deploying... not what you want.
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school