Elisha

Extra loops/handles on rear risers

Anyone think of this before? I'm sure y'all think of a reason to shoot this down quickly.

I was thinking of long spots or XCs when you want to hang in rears...easier to hang onto handles then to grab the risers. I had a long spot recently where I was the only one who completely made it back. I recognized somewhat early and just hung in rears and/or half brakes.

What do you think?

have a chat with some CReW people there are ways to hold the risers that will not fatigue your arms so quickly:)Easy to demonstrate very hard to explain :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No picture right offhand. Its basically the same material the riser is made of folder over a couple of times and stitched to the riser. It just creates a lump which is easy to grab a hold of..

I used to always have those, but in recent years have always just had 18 inch risers where I can reach up and grab the slider bumper as a good grip..
W

When we design a set of CRW risers and it just so happens we are currently working on version 3.0 we start with a new set of Racer Risers as a blank. We like how precise Racer Risers are manufactured, we like the unique stitch patterns JumpShack uses as they sow the riser together and we like Snap Toggles on a parachute as heavy duty as a Lightning.
But it's not a CRW riser until we get done, it's just a blank. I think this blank would serve very well for what you have in mind. Here is the order we recently sent to JumpShack.

<
We need you to make 20 pair of 21.5" Type-17 Racer Snap Risers (Stainless Steel mini-ring), No RSL.

In addition to the standard dive loops we need an extra pair of dive loops on the leading sides of the Rear Risers.
So that would be 2 pair of dive loops facing each other, One pair on the rear of the front risers like normal, and another pair on the front of the rear risers. All 4 of these dive loops are equal, even and of the standard size. They are at the tops of the risers.

We're thinking no problem for you guys.
I'll try and draw a picture.
Thank you and CRW Skies, >>

Two days after JumpShack received the order we had our risers exactly as specified.
Your results may vary but I doubt it.
Our goal is to create a great set of CRW Risers with no blocks, no Coban and no Velcro.

Picture Attached
So, if you really want them
now you know where to get them and you didn't get shot down at all.
t

CReW wrote

In addition to the standard dive loops we need an extra pair of dive loops on the leading sides of the Rear Risers

FYI, they can also build those loop so that they are easier to grasp and hold by offsetting them slightly(see Picture).

I really like the jumpshack snap toggles. Never worry about losing a toggle on opening and they don't wear out.

The snap toggles are the heat. I don't worry about break fires or a brake coming unstowed when the slider comes down hard.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

FYI, they can also build those loop so that they are easier to grasp and hold by offsetting them slightly(see Picture).

That offset loop is not the method we prefer for easy access. We use a technique developed by Wendy I believe. It involves well, nevermind what it involves.
A set of CRW Risers needs at least 6 controls, front risers, rear risers and brakes. We must be able to access any control from any control instantly at any time without looking.

The second picture is a snap toggle design years old. I had 2 premature brake fires and 1 chop with that design. If you like that old design you need to order a new set of RacerRisers with snap toggles, your going to love the latest design. Never had the first problem with it.

I really like the jumpshack snap toggles. Never worry about losing a toggle on opening and they don't wear out.

Well, I have worn out one toggle but only where my hand meets the webbing

It's off to the airport,
See Ya,
T

That offset loop is not the method we prefer for easy access

OK, just thought I'd throw that out there in case you didn't know about it.

If you like that old design you need to order a new set of RacerRisers with snap toggles, your going to love the latest design.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest design;) The picture was just for reference for those who may not know what one looks like.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I think Aerodyne is pretty accommodating, they would probably do that for you for a small fee but you would not get Snap Toggles and that's the best thing about RacerRisers.
A buddy of mine was averaging 2 or 3 chops a year due to premature brake fires with the old Velcro type. Then he got the new RWS type and made it a year and a half with no chops, that was really good for HIM. But this year at the Convention he wrecked his good streak with a chop due to a premature brake fire. I just believe he would be well on his way to 2 years with no chops if he'd have had Snap Toggles.
I have RacerRisers and Snap Toggles on all my rigs, Racer, Vector, Talon Pro and Javelin.
T