llkenziell

How do I find a roommate?!?!??!

I signed a lease for an apt. for next year thinking that this chick was going to room w. me, but turns out shes graduating this summer. I can't get stuck w. entire lease bill, but I can't find a roommate!!!! =(

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-

put up a flier at the college.
Make sure you interview the people before accepting them.

I'd say roommates.com is a waste. You get too many scammers on there. Scamming for what I have no idea, but that is what they are.

Ask friends if they know anybody.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

ask friends or check craigslist in the "housing wanted" type section. craigslist is how i've found all my previous roommates at my house (some have been terrible, some have been great... i recommend checking references and maybe having lunch with the person before having them sign on)

I signed a lease for an apt. for next year thinking that this chick was going to room w. me, but turns out shes graduating this summer. I can't get stuck w. entire lease bill, but I can't find a roommate!!!! =(

When I was young and living in a college town, I used to use the off-campus student housing office.

Advertising was free and you just had to pay for the paper (like 10 cents a page) when searching their database with the usual critieria - pets, smoking/non-smoking, etc.

I lived with friends a few times too. More stable but less interesting than being with people who went to the same rehab clinic as Jerry Garcia, the hooters waitresses bleeching the flesh off cow-skulls, the guy who put holes in the wall during kinky sex, the guy who thought jail was just like summer camp, the alcoholic who stole our everclear and mixed it with chocolate milk making chocohol....

Hmm. Come to think of it, you might ask people you actually know.