SkyDaemon

Guitar players: I need some help

I'm trying to get a gift for a friend, although I'm having some trouble. She's been playing the same Takamine guitar for the past 20 years and now has her eyes on a Takamine Limited Edition 2006 guitar. Although for the life of me I can't seem to find one. Curious if any of you guitar players can point me in the right direction as to where to find one, and if possible at a good decent price.

Thanks in advance.

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

That Guitar retails at over £1,000 in the UK, you're a good friend! :)
Sorry no help wtih your problem but some good advice - especially if you're spending that sort of money, she really should play it before buying it. No two guitars are exactly the same, and you get the occasional bad one in a batch that doesn't sound as good as it should, for its price.

It's a long time since I've bought a new guitar, but if my heart was set on a particular make and model I'd want to play all the guitars in the shop /street/city I can get my hands on, until one of them spoke to me.

but what do I know

I agree, that one should really play a guitar before buying. My sister has played for over 30 years. She has ALWAYS played a guitar before she brought it home with her.
I think your plan for buying her a guitar is a very nice idea but why not take her along so she can pick it out?

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

she really should play it before buying it.

I agree. If she's been playing for 20 years, she'll want to be able to test it out before getting it. She may be unhappy with the feel or sound of that particular instrument.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I agree on the 'play first' advice. But if you MUST have that guitar, maybe try musician's friend. They have a very good return policy. Here's the 2007 Limited:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-Dreadnought-TSTORM-AcousticElectric-Cutaway?sku=512738

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.