gipsi

girlfriend

How much of your spare time are you spending with her as compared to skydiving?

He's been registered for about 9 months, and has 30 skydives. He's clearly not looking for her much at 13000ft. If I were doing 3 jumps a month - I'd stick with the GF, but that's just me. I'm amazed at people who throw away a good 3 year relationship for something that statistically, they won't be doing in a years time.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

How much of your spare time are you spending with her as compared to skydiving?

He's been registered for about 9 months, and has 30 skydives. He's clearly not looking for her much at 13000ft. If I were doing 3 jumps a month - I'd stick with the GF, but that's just me. I'm amazed at people who throw away a good 3 year relationship for something that statistically, they won't be doing in a years time.

t

Wow. That's a pretty bold statement. There are plenty of us who can't swing much more than a few jumps a month, and over the winter, less than that. So we spend time in the tunnel honing our skills, or reading up on canopy flight, or studying the SIM.

Your assumption that we will not be jumping in a year's time simply because we are not building up our jump numbers quickly enough to suit your ideal is extremely arrogant. And wrong.

[reply. That's a pretty bold statement. There are plenty of us who can't swing much more than a few jumps a month, and over the winter, less than that. So we spend time in the tunnel honing our skills, or reading up on canopy flight, or studying the SIM.

or postwhoring on DZ.com

By the way...Tonto is correct.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Oh I hope your gonna miss her, well not really.

Does she really think your gonna cope better if you don't jump. And the answer ain't in the bottom of a glass of, or a bottle of, so chin up.

Next will be your friends, family, car, house, baby, life.

And she is still gonna leave, cuz she not gonna want a totally worthless piece of crap that has nothing to take anymore.

Sorry so blunt, (Slap! Slap! ) get a hold of yourself. and move onn.l

E

[reply. That's a pretty bold statement. There are plenty of us who can't swing much more than a few jumps a month, and over the winter, less than that. So we spend time in the tunnel honing our skills, or reading up on canopy flight, or studying the SIM.

or postwhoring on DZ.com

Want to bet? So you're making a blanket judgement about someone based on their jump numbers and post numbers.

That says far more about you than it does about me.

[reply

or postwhoring on DZ.com

Want to bet? So you're making a blanket judgement about someone based on their jump numbers and post numbers.

That says far more about you than it does about me.

Stick around for a few years. Its like watching a movie over and over again. It always ends the same, even though you all consider yourself extremely unique.

Whats the bet ?

bozo

I don't consider myself unique at all. And I didn't get into this sport to live up to anyone else's expectations.

I have nothing to prove to anyone, except myself.

But again, your generalized statements say more about you than they do about the people you are stereotyping.

But again, your generalized statements say more about you than they do about the people you are stereotyping.

Why dont you enlighten me then ? I'm obviously very dense.
What do my generalizations say about me ?
Oh....and try not to generalize.

bozo

How about I tell you something specific about me? I don't happen to have a penis, so I'm not really into pissing contests. :D:D

Youre also too chicken to back up your statement.
Very nice backpedal by the way.

Just cuz you dont have a dick doesnt mean you cant piss.

bozo

Who peed in your cheerios this morning?:P

In what way am I backpedaling? If you'd like to have a debate that makes sense, feel free to pm me. We seem to be getting off subject in this thread.

Please note the words debate that makes sense before you reply. :)

How about I tell you something specific about me? I don't happen to have a penis, so I'm not really into pissing contests. :D:D

Youre also too chicken to back up your statement.
Very nice backpedal by the way.

Just cuz you dont have a dick doesnt mean you cant piss.

I have a dick. I can piss. I am not a chicken. I too think you make generalized statements.

Can I play your game?

OK THAT is a good line :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Even though Tonto is correct:D:D still GREAT LINE Sartre:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yup, they say plenty about him. He's observant. It's funny how a general statement, even if accurate, is immediately called a stereotype... which incorrectly attaches a negative connotation.

BTW - Tonto is correct :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

OK THAT is a good line :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Even though Tonto is correct:D:D still GREAT LINE Sartre:ph34r::ph34r:

Ok, I just went back and re-read Tonto's post. I stand corrected, as he did say "statistically". I missed that the first time around.

So I suppose these last few posts have been pointless, except to point out to me that I should avoid Bozo. :D

And my apologies to Tonto for not getting the details right.

And Squeak, STFU! :D:D:D

[replySo I suppose these last few posts have been pointless, except to point out to me that I should avoid Bozo. :D

its much easier to "avoid" than accept. Your choice.

bozo

What is the average life of a skydiver?

Meaning jump numbers before they disapear or time before they disapear?

I heard it was something like 3 years before most of em just stop.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

What is the average life of a skydiver?

Meaning jump numbers before they disapear or time before they disapear?

I heard it was something like 3 years before most of em just stop.

The average is somewhere between 3-5 years.

A lot of things get in the way during this time.
Jobs, marrige, children. A change of lifestyle.

Jump numbers dont really mean a lot these days as a newbie can log many hundreds in a year whereas back in the old days it took years to log hundreds.

I dont think they just stop. They always mean to come back. The same factors just keep getting in the way.

bozo

This noise about how many jump numbers and the generalizations and assumptions about him quitting within 1-3yrs is just a distraction from the real issue.

She is trying to control his actions. As some have mentioned, she has a right to object to activities that would either endanger her or that she feels are unhealthy (drugs, smoking, ect)... but she doesn't have the right to forbid him to do anything. She has the choice to leave if he doesn't and if she feels that is what she needs to do, let her go and live her life. But she doesn't have the right to tell him that he has to give up an activitiy that he gets enjoyment from (even if it is just 3/month! :P) Some argue: "that's just wives" - which is complete rubbish!

This noise about how many jump numbers and the generalizations and assumptions about him quitting within 1-3yrs is just a distraction from the real issue.

She is trying to control his actions. As some have mentioned, she has a right to object to activities that would either endanger her or that she feels are unhealthy (drugs, smoking, ect)... but she doesn't have the right to forbid him to do anything. She has the choice to leave if he doesn't and if she feels that is what she needs to do, let her go and live her life. But she doesn't have the right to tell him that he has to give up an activitiy that he gets enjoyment from (even if it is just 3/month! :P) Some argue: "that's just wives" - which is complete rubbish!

Well look at you all Miss Serious and Shit:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sorry... I get a little annoyed about partners that are so controlling and how it's tolerated. Seeing really nice guys being led around by totally bitchy and unrespectful females is just sad. (just like some guys complain that they can only get/keep the girl if they act like assholes.)

>>By the way...Tonto is correct.

>Want to bet?

Sure, because he is right. Statistically most people who make so few jumps don't stick around. Doesn't mean they're bad, or that YOU are not going to stick around.

I'm not sure why everyone is making this into a pissing contest. If you skydive - great, no matter how much you jump. If not - that's also fine. I think most people would rather have a strong relationship that lasts a lifetime than participate sporadically in ANY sport, no matter how much fun it is.

She is trying to control his actions. As some have mentioned, she has a right to object to activities that would either endanger her or that she feels are unhealthy (drugs, smoking, ect)... but she doesn't have the right to forbid him to do anything.

No, but she does have the right to ask to be above skydiving on "The List." We don't really know the whole story, or how she 'forced' him to choose. Just from my own personal observations, it's very rare that someone says "It's skydiving or me!" because they fear for their partner's well-being, or they're jealous/paranoid of what exactly he/she is doing at the dropzone, or because they're controlling and just don't want the other person to have fun. I think in most instances, including the one I went through, it was more like "Uh.. hey, we don't really spend any time together because you're at the DZ all weekend every week. I'd like some time too - I am below skydiving on your list of priorities, and I don't really like that" It eventually turns into trying to control/manipulate to get what you want... or sometimes it skips right to that stage if communication is lacking in the relationship. It's very rarely binary though, the other person just wants some or a little more of your time. Like I said, just personal observation... I could be wrong. :)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality