gipsi

girlfriend

No, but she does have the right to ask to be above skydiving on "The List." We don't really know the whole story, or how she 'forced' him to choose. Just from my own personal observations, it's very rare that someone says "It's skydiving or me!" because they fear for their partner's well-being, or they're jealous/paranoid of what exactly he/she is doing at the dropzone, or because they're controlling and just don't want the other person to have fun. I think in most instances, including the one I went through, it was more like "Uh.. hey, we don't really spend any time together because you're at the DZ all weekend every week. I'd like some time too - I am below skydiving on your list of priorities, and I don't really like that" It eventually turns into trying to control/manipulate to get what you want... or sometimes it skips right to that stage if communication is lacking in the relationship. It's very rarely binary though, the other person just wants some or a little more of your time. Like I said, just personal observation... I could be wrong.

I think you are very right in that observation.

That's why I always get a chuckle out of the male bravado posts that generally end up in threads like these...

I think you are very right in that observation.

That's why I always get a chuckle out of the male bravado posts that generally end up in threads like these...

I get a chuckle out of the "hardcore jumper" that runs out a gets a big ass skydive tattoo on their armB|

I agree with tonto stay with a good women.

Skybabes come out to the DZ. Jumping or not:)

QUOTE: "She is trying to control his actions. As some have mentioned, she has a right to object to activities that would either endanger her or that she feels are unhealthy (drugs, smoking, ect)..."

Found this to be quite amusing. So she CAN object when he smokes coz it's unhealthy and can kill you right? but she CAN'T object when he's jumping out of a plane which to some, 1) might seem unhealthy and 2) last time I checked, can kill you.

LOL sorry, don't disagree with your point though, just made me laugh:)

Fear is Temporary, Regret is Forever!

www.myspace.com/byasa

Ok, I accept that you are grumpy today and that I should avoid you. :P

I don't know whether or not you're this grumpy all of the time, so I won't generalize.

Bozimbo is a non-stop grumpy mofo, and those of us who count him among our friends like him that way. Avoiding him will be to your detriment. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Ok, I accept that you are grumpy today and that I should avoid you. :P

I don't know whether or not you're this grumpy all of the time, so I won't generalize.

Bozimbo is a non-stop grumpy mofo, and those of us who count him among our friends like him that way. Avoiding him will be to your detriment. ;)

Thanks for sticking up for me Dave. She really messed up my self esteem ;)
Blues,
Dave

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

But most likely to his benefit :D

And bozo, I wasn't trying to mess with your self esteem at all and have no illusions that I did so.

I'm not feeling hostile at all, in fact, I got a good chuckle out of the verbal sparring, especially when it turned out that I misread the instigating post.

Come on, now THAT'S funny.:D:D

And bozo, I wasn't trying to mess with your self esteem at all and have no illusions that I did so.

I'm not feeling hostile at all, in fact, I got a good chuckle out of the verbal sparring, especially when it turned out that I misread the instigating post.

------------------------------------------------------------

I give up. I cant get a decent argument from anyone today LOL :)

bozo

Is this the 5 minute or 20 minute argument?
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Is this the 5 minute or 20 minute argument?

The eternal argument.

bozo

Wanna just have sex then?

:|

Wait a bit. I gotta call my wife at work and see if its ok......ok ?

bozo

yeah, ring her up. But just so you know, I wasn't thinking we'd be in the same room when the aforementioned sex occurs.

:P

How would you know if you were blindfolded?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

yeah, ring her up. But just so you know, I wasn't thinking we'd be in the same room when the aforementioned sex occurs.

you go back to your Sad thread and leave the adults alone. :)

bozo

you go back to your Sad thread and leave the adults alone. :)
NICE:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Found this to be quite amusing. So she CAN object when he smokes coz it's unhealthy and can kill you right? but she CAN'T object when he's jumping out of a plane which to some, 1) might seem unhealthy and 2) last time I checked, can kill you.

LOL sorry, don't disagree with your point though, just made me laugh:)

I'm just biased by my past. My dad smoked despite his diagnosis of lung cancer and the COPD that my mom developed (and she doesn't smoke)... his decision to smoke directly affected her health. She should have had a voice on that topic.

Drugs can directly influence the other partner as well. Especially with the new laws in this "war on drugs." If you can lose your house, you should have a voice.

Skydiving, Skiing, 4wheeling, even kickball.... all can be "dangerous" sports, but how many truly cause personal risk to the other partner. Does she have a right to be annoyed if he's gone all the time? Of course! But she shouldn't be able to forbid it.

wow. these forums are funny. everyone is so passionate...since we are having fun now, ill clarify a few things. for one, my gf literally said to me, "I will not be with you if you skydive. Make a choice between me and jumping out of planes." I dont wanna be controlled, so we split up.

I have made 35 skydives in the past three months(sorry for not keeping my profile better updated). I like to skydive, and i would do it more but i live an hour and a half from the dz and i dont drive. the only thing that i hate about this sport is how utterly arogant and unwelcoming so many of you experienced jumpers are. why dont you guys chill out? so many of these forums are filled with positive and energetic blogs from students, and critical, suppresive comments from the elite. Learn to have fun again.

Also, im not really drinking myself to death. i was trying to make the point that im broken up about my gf and i splitting up, but not enough to keep me grounded.

LOL utterly arogant, DUDE!!! Chilout??? LOL

You jump at XKeys, and you want us to chill, bwhahahahahaaaa, I advise you to be on the up an up around there cuz soon one of those nuts is gonna really let you know what we're all about.

Look you got close to 35 jumps I believe that gives you enough jumps to take a ride in the chopper, Do yourself a favor, and step off a few times with video, so we can have something to discuss other then another story how skydiving ended a relationship.

Besides are you fuking blind dude, you see how many hotties are jumping there,

Get over it, shut up and jump, don't forget the pics. Send my luv to the crew, those are some great people over there.

ed

PS I havn't seen how new you are on here, but they will rip your ass, it's all apart of it.

Tough luv bitch, get used to it, those guys up there are gonna rip you a new one.

you are at a premier DZ I advise you to get coaching from those guys

and do not partake in any shenanigans cuz paybacks a bitch

She took you back didn't she, she recapped. cuz it sounds like you got laid.

Oh and we love you, giving us heart attacks when you fly all crazy, do low turns and don't flare open to late, talk about sit flying when you can't even turn a point

But we all do it that too.

um why aren't you jumping today, shut up and juuuummmmppppp

Ok, I just went back and re-read Tonto's post. I stand corrected, as he did say "statistically". I missed that the first time around.

I missed all the action in this thread cos I spent the weekend skydiving.. 14 nice dives, and on one, joined my 8 year old on a Tandem. I'm sure a lot of you "home of the free" people will have a few words to say about that, but it was fathers day.;)

t
It's the year of the Pig.