gipsi

girlfriend

Ive lived with a woman for three years. We have a dog, a beautiful apartment, and a relatively stable life. Unfortunately, she forced me to choose between skydiving and our life together. I had to realistically consider, as a mature and responsible adult, and as a loving companion, which sacrifice to make. Needless to say, for the past few weeks i have been looking for my girlfriend in the airspace above my dropzone, and at night i search for her at the bottom of a martini glass. If anyone sees my girlfriend can you tell her that i need to talk to her, and that she can find me 13500 feet above my home dz. Thanks guys.

I hope you talked to her about skydiving and risk and your priorities. Then she'll be able to make a qualified decision.

On the other hand, that kind of empty threats really go nowhere, IMHO. I remember this girl I met who said that she would leave her BF if he used cocaine again. Well, he did, and she din't want to leave him after all, so she just put herself in a difficult situation. So then she was maybe going to leave you anyway.

Good luck and happiness ever after!

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

How much time does any new skydiver spend with their girlfriend, friends, family versus skydiving?

I don't think many of us pull off an equitable balance at first.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

make sure you take the dog with you when you go.

:D My same thoughts.

She's selfish if she's making you choose between her and the lifestyle you love so much. Its not like you have kids or anything, you have no reason to abide to that.

You need to find a skydiver gf. ;)
Poetry don't work on whores.

We can talk about her all day long, but if you have to ask you already know the answer. You wouldn't be in such a quandry if there weren't already other issues going on.

My Dad taught me a valuable lesson very early in life.

Women are like buses. If you miss this one the next will be along in half an hour.....

By the way, he's been married for 20+ years. Take it for what it's worth.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I had to realistically consider, as a mature and responsible adult, and as a loving companion, which sacrifice to make.

Every time that people want me to change my behavior to their definition, their opinion is always the "mature, responsible adult".

If I want to do something my way, they characterize my choice as "selfish". I could never understand why only my happiness was selfish.

I've decided that it is the reverse. Anyone else who wants their way is now selfish.

If you realize that her friends are exactly like her, you will realize that she isn't that unique. Find a new g/f.

I started diving before my boyfriend, well when he started jumping for ME it wasn't what he really wanted to do. I've got my A license and he didn't want to finish AFF. We are still together doing well, but Scuba is his love. I go for my check out dive next weekend so we have something to do together. I also got my motorcycle endorsement which he also likes to do. He better not tell me I can't jump!

If your still with this women maybe taking a break and doing something she wants to do will help you out.

NEVER date someone at your DZ!
Never under estimate the power of THIS women!

Hell yeah!B|

And on another note, I think you can share a DZ with an ex girlfriend, if you both can be civil (adult, whatever). I've even seen a separated husband and wife training an AFF student together. It was fine. :)
besides, I wouldn't pass on a chance to find the love of my life just because I shared a DZ with her. Life is full of risks. Take them.

John

You've been at the same DZ so long.

There's at least one women that married two jumpers from the same DZ(at different times)

Hi how's so and so:)[:/] but now were married to this other jumpernow :).

Come back after a few yrs: Hi:)[:/] We're going to swear off men and go out with women, and no you can't watch:(

And one jumper that went with two married women from the same dz at different times.Don't even want to know what happened since the last time I was there:S

Don't even want to know what happened since the last time I was there:S

Lucky none of them had kids from their DZ relationships, by now who knows what could have happened.

OTOH None of the women were involved were tall[:/]

Maybe thats the secrete to you success John, Good sex with a tall babe.B|

The secrete to my marriage is being married to a great women:) and I just do as I'm told. Yes boss , No Boss;)

I had to realistically consider, as a mature and responsible adult, and as a loving companion, which sacrifice to make.

Every time that people want me to change my behavior to their definition, their opinion is always the "mature, responsible adult".

If I want to do something my way, they characterize my choice as "selfish". I could never understand why only my happiness was selfish.

I've decided that it is the reverse. Anyone else who wants their way is now selfish.

If you realize that her friends are exactly like her, you will realize that she isn't that unique. Find a new g/f.

I believe that is why I divorced my ex.....my new man is sooooooooo......different from that;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Life is full of risks. Take them.

I knew there was a reason I liked you ...... and a reason you have been married to that classy lady for so long;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

...Every time that people want me to change my behavior to their definition, their opinion is always the "mature, responsible adult".

Bingo! So it was for me.
Funny how that crap causes the Ex files to enlarge.
:D:D

You can only take so much of that all-about-me "If Momma ain't happy, nobody is happy" crap.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Most of us been there, my reply to her was, that is not my decision is hers to make, she meet me skydiving and is unlikely for that to get better, but worse I mean there will be more and more skydiving in my life as time goes by that hold true 4 years ago and still does. Let her do the math, let her take the decision she is the one with the problem, or you have a problem with your own skydiving life??? :)
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html