NWFlyer

Is it really leaving if...

I'm just trying to figure out if DZ.com is really just the Hotel California of the internet. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It's so annoying when people dramatically announce they're leaving. If they really wanted to leave, they would fuckin leave.

I don't bother to read those threads anymore. The people that mean it just go, they don't announce it. I'm not completely sure, but I think I'd rather see Walt's turd again then read another one of those threads.:S

Chris

I think they're hillarious. The best way to define yourself as an attention whore is to say "someone was mean to me, I'm leaving!" and wait for the influx of sympathy.

But I really think its funny when people who dont skydive anyway, make a big deal about leaving dropzone.com, and then they DONT!
(Not directed at you chris, I know you bumped yo head.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go figure...the guy has probably the BEST reason to be a drama queen, but isn't...

You're a good man 'twardo, but that statement applies much more to Gawain than me. Truly.

Chris

I think they're hillarious. The best way to define yourself as an attention whore is to say "someone was mean to me, I'm leaving!" and wait for the influx of sympathy.

But I really think its funny when people who dont skydive anyway, make a big deal about leaving dropzone.com, and then they DONT!

You hit the nail right on the head, sista! It's all about "poor me, everybody feel sorry for me! Oh, no... I'm leaving. Try and stop me!" and then they just wait for that outpouring. Well, boo friggety hoo!! Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!

I agree... it's funniest from those who either A) have ZERO skydives but for some reason love the drama on dropzone.com. and B) have 1 or 2 tandems, maybe even an AFF if they're special, think they are a skydiver, and will participate in discussions where they are telling people with a valid USPA license about their sport; and recently, like to draw a lot of attention to themselves through dramatic posts. (not that I'm saying experienced jumpers don't do this, of course.)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

You hit the nail right on the head, sista! It's all about "poor me, everybody feel sorry for me! Oh, no... I'm leaving. Try and stop me!" and then they just wait for that outpouring. Well, boo friggety hoo!! Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!

I agree... it's funniest from those who either A) have ZERO skydives but for some reason love the drama on dropzone.com. and B) have 1 or 2 tandems, maybe even an AFF if they're special, think they are a skydiver, and will participate in discussions where they are telling people with a valid USPA license about their sport; and recently, like to draw a lot of attention to themselves through dramatic posts. (not that I'm saying experienced jumpers don't do this, of course.)

Now, now! You shouldn't make fun of those that are easy to make fun of. Just because their girlfriend breaks up with them or they get butthurt about replies to their threads doesn't make them bad people. It just makes them antisocial and outcasts.:D:P

For the record, I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular;)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You shouldn't make fun of those that are easy to make fun of.

Yes you should.

Ok, ok... Ya caught me.

Geez, I'm a lousy liar.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I was only gone for two weeks! :o:S:P

you left?

Im only a figment of my imagination. :|

Well, damn it, quit daydreaming!:P:ph34r:

I just announced that I going to stop posting for a few Hours and got Banned. (Cost me a case of beer as it was my first banning even).:D

So I now take the Pledge..
If I ever break this filthy habit of mine (Post whoring).. I will just fade away. :P:D

Welcome to the club - Fucktard!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun